Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile DS failed his driving test

Absolutely gutted for DS Alex, he took his 1st driving test and had 3 minors and one major. He was nearly in tears and even his instructor said he was so unlucky. He was turning right at traffic lights but his way was blocked by a car stopping without any reason we could see on the dashcam, the lights turned Red so he stopped as didn't want to run the light, the examiner said as he was over the line he should have carried on. If only it was in Florida...

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry for your ds, exactly the same reason my ds failed the first time😓Better luck next time x
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

My son did pretty similar. Was very angry about it. I told him to channel his anger positively which is easier said than done. He passed easily second time.

He just needs to put it behind him really.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Poor lad, my daughter failed the first time with one major and no minors. The examiner actually said she should have passed. She did pass the second time though ( with a few minors) she says looking back it was better that she didn't pass first time as she benefited from extra practice. She did join some sort of driving test cancellation site to get an earlier test the next time.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Our Son ended up taking it 3 times, the first he messed up on a roundabout, the 2nd time the examiner said that he had moved before the bike next to him had moved and the 3rd he passed. He was gutted that he didn't pass on the 2nd attempt.

Our daughter passed after her 2nd attempt

They are both good drivers, our son's only problem is that deer like hitting his car

We hope your son passes next time

Melvin and Lesley
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think my driving test was the worst of all exams I’ve taken. First of all you have someone you don’t know sitting right next to you, it’s so nerve racking. You also don’t know what you are going to come across during your test. There are lots of different scenarios we face all the time when driving when you are inexperienced it’s difficult to make the right call sometimes. I failed my first test due to traffic light change too. I’m sure Alex will pass next time (although I know saying that isn’t helpful now!).
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My Daughter failed first time with1 major, her driving instructor asked us to complain to the centre as his reasons and what he put on the form didn't match.

She passed second time thankfully.

Don't let your son stop and get straight on and book another test asap. Good luck to him, I'm sure he'll get it next time

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Poor lad, my daughter failed the first time with one major and no minors. The examiner actually said she should have passed. She did pass the second time though ( with a few minors) she says looking back it was better that she didn't pass first time as she benefited from extra practice. She did join some sort of driving test cancellation site to get an earlier test the next time.
He's got a new date through tonight for 19th March. So fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I've booked him some more lessons and his instructor is positive.

Edited at 10:10 PM.
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My DS failed 1st time with 1 major no minors cracked it 2nd time not long to wait will keep everything crossed for him on 19th March
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I don’t think failing first time is a biggie! I know it’s a bit disappointing but I think failing once or twice first makes you a better driver in the end.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List