Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

Beamish vs. Black Country Living Museum

Which is the best or are they both much of a likeness?

I know we can't visit either of these at the minute, but when this COVID has finally disappeared enough to go back to semi normal life, I plan to have a staycation and do tourist attractions in the UK.

We have been to Beamish a couple of times and we love it and can't wait to see all the new additions they had in the pipeline, however, it is such a trek for us from the South Coast.

Have just found out about the BCLM and from what I have seen briefly on TV and online, it looks to be very similar to Beamish.

if anyone has visited both, which would you say is the best or is there not much in it?

many thanks
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we live literally 10 mins from Beamish and have annual passes, although only been twice this year for obvious reasons, great place for a wander & load up in the sweetshop & bakery

ref the new additions , not sure of your last visit?, but the 50's town was still under construction in August , not sure how or if this has progressed as despite a government grant they had been making redundancies..

once it reopens we will no doubt have a trip over & i will update on progress

EDIT cant comment on the black country museum

Edited at 03:36 PM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by floridafamily View Post
Which is the best or are they both much of a likeness?

I know we can't visit either of these at the minute, but when this COVID has finally disappeared enough to go back to semi normal life, I plan to have a staycation and do tourist attractions in the UK.

We have been to Beamish a couple of times and we love it and can't wait to see all the new additions they had in the pipeline, however, it is such a trek for us from the South Coast.

Have just found out about the BCLM and from what I have seen briefly on TV and online, it looks to be very similar to Beamish.

if anyone has visited both, which would you say is the best or is there not much in it?

many thanks
Beamish has much more there, but the BCLM is still a full day out.

They are both excellent, and unless you have the same travel distance to both I would just go to your closest, they are that similar...

We live very close to BCLM (and every school trip growing up was to their) but it's still good.

Overall I think Beamish edges it, but it is close
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Never been to Beamish, but have been to Black Country museum quite a few times as it’s local.
Had a couple of school trips there and have been as an adult too, though not for a while.
It’s a great day out, but I do love history. They film the canal scenes in Peaky Blinders there too 👍
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
we live literally 10 mins from Beamish and have annual passes, although only been twice this year for obvious reasons, great place for a wander & load up in the sweetshop & bakery

ref the new additions , not sure of your last visit?, but the 50's town was still under construction in August , not sure how or if this has progressed as despite a government grant they had been making redundancies..

once it reopens we will no doubt have a trip over & i will update on progress

EDIT cant comment on the black country museum
I live just down the road from Beamish too - I would echo all of this. We have annual passes and in normal times happily visit monthly.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you thought of Blists Hill at Coalbrookdale in Shropshire? It’s more compact than Beamish but there’s plenty to see.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List