Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Travel insurance

Hello all!

Busy planning our trip, gone to book and went to book the travel insurance - then realised it doesn't cover covid19! I finally found one with stay sure and I have can pay extra for Covid19 cancellation etc cover. Only issue is... it is £315..with 20% off code! Is this right? Is this the amount you would expect to pay?

Thanking you!
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
Hello all!

Busy planning our trip, gone to book and went to book the travel insurance - then realised it doesn't cover covid19! I finally found one with stay sure and I have can pay extra for Covid19 cancellation etc cover. Only issue is... it is £315..with 20% off code! Is this right? Is this the amount you would expect to pay?

Thanking you!
Check your policy, if they are not offering any cancellation cover then take it out just before you go, if they are covering then check what and then decide.
It comes down to reading the policy
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

When are you travelling and what have you paid i.e. deposit only?
We are booked for Aug 22 havent took insurance out yet as only paid deposit and not intending paying until balance due then will get insurance.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Thanks, I read the policy. It does include cancellation cover as well as for covid19 but, is the price about right? I have never taken travel insurance out before.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

It will be deposit only for villa we need to pay and the rest nearer the time. Flights i wont be able to book until June/July time so I'm unsure if they will need to be paid in full or not.
Old 21 Feb 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We use our bank cover with a small added premium, about £60 for the year. Have you got any accounts that would offer you cover.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

How much is your villa deposit, if it's less or equal to your insurance then maybe not worth taking yet.
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Ooh I might do! I will have a look and compare them, thank you.
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Also is there an excess that they are going to not pay anyway
Old 21 Feb 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

I have looked and neither of my banks cover cancellation if WHO say we cannot travel, so sadly that is not an option. The excess is only £65 with the insurance. I mean it covers everything very well but, it is so expensive!