Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Talking Ian & Vicky’s Wedding Trip - Day 09 -Magic Kingdom & Be Our Guest

Ian & Vicky’s Wedding Trip
Index

Day 09 – Monday 8th December 2014

Magic Kingdom & Be Our Guest

First off, apologies for loads of photos today, but at least they’re not all of giraffes this time!

Today was a wet morning, and started out with just the 2 of us ready for the park opening show.

On the walk to 7DMT we passed the hub and they seemed to be filming something for the Christmas day show with Ariana Grande (Vicky said, but I had no idea who it was at the time) – There was the stage set up

7DMT was a walk on as the park had just opened so after riding it once we instantly went back on it. Woo hoo!

While still in Fantasyland and with an empty park we tried to make best use of our time and went straight for Peter Pan, then Winnie the Pooh and then for some reason we went on It’s a small world? Not sure why lol.

Struck gold here and got a front seat on it haha.

By this point we were both starving and wanted a good hearty breakfast – Gastons Tavern for a monster Cinnamon Swirl EACH and a LeFau’s brew to share (not convinced on the drink, its kinda nice but sickly too, but the Cinnamon Swirls are the BOMB)!

We met Gaston outside, he was very charismatic and flirting with all the ladies, I think Vicky was getting very excited to meet him too haha.

Met a whole host of mini characters here too, I think… Unless they were added in on the Photopass website :P

Went on Little Mermaid, Pirates of the Carribean, Tiki Room and then the Jungle/Jingle Cruise.

Love the Tangled themed bathrooms here

It was nearing lunch time now after all those attractions so we went to Columbia Harbour House, the meal was decent Counter Service and we had Chicken Nuggets and Cobbler!

Nicola and Fung came to meet us now and we went on Enchanted Tales with Belle, I was keen to get Fung selected to be a character in the show but he wasn’t having any of it haha.

Met up with my parents and Astrid, I rode Big Thunder with my dad – Using our first FP of the day, then we all went on Splash Mountain.

It started out all smiles even though we were cheating with ponchos

Then it soon turned with the fear of being wet

Time for a little popcorn and a corn dog before going to see Country Bear Jamboree now the weather had cleared. It’s a fun show and we love how chaotic everything gets towards the end of the show.

Now to use our 2nd FP of the day, meeting Anna and Elsa with Nicola & Fung. They were pretty cool actually, apart from the Photopass guy must have not scanned our band and we never got the photos of meeting Elsa from them – luckily we did on our own camera. Anna was really nice though, very in character.

Took the guys onto Phillarmagic and afterwards rode Pirates of the Caribbean again, then onto the Peoplemover to kill some time and relax before our evening ADR at 6.35pm

Another boat ride, another front seat, this was a first for us!

Caught the final section of the parade

Dinner was at Be Our Guest for everyone as it was our guest’s final night. It was hard working getting an ADR for 8 guests at this restaurant, no idea how we managed it but we got lucky on the phone I think when making the bookings.

We were greeted and seated in the ball room which is totally stunning! The snow coming down, the chandeliers and the paintings on the ceiling.

The food was mediocre and the service was very rushed. The highlight was the location, the theming and the ‘grey stuff’, we used our DDP and left. (Astrid has confirmed she really enjoyed the food).

After our meal we got to explore the other rooms before we went to meet the legendary Beast!

Vicky held his hand!

After the meal we didn’t stick around for Wishes and just headed back to our hotel, totally worn out from a long day in the park, and our guests had a lot of packing to do before flying home tomorrow.

We ended up sitting in the lobby of our resort getting a caricature done of us both, no idea what we were thinking with the idea….

And our wedding flowers were still going strong, hung outside our room.

Thank you for reading!
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 16, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Vicky said to add in this silly photo of us with Ariana Grande

i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 16, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow, it's amazing how much you can get done with an early start! Sounds like a lovely day.
DizzyDisneyMum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 16, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another great day! Really long though! Good going!
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 16, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
Wow, it's amazing how much you can get done with an early start! Sounds like a lovely day.
Thank you, we could have done with a nap later on though lol

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Another great day! Really long though! Good going!
Thank you Rachael, was a pretty long day aye
Old 14 Mar 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lucky getting to ride 7DMT twice, still haven't managed to get on it yet! Loving the picture of you & Vicky with Ariana - she's never looked better
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 16, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by k4ti3-x View Post
Lucky getting to ride 7DMT twice, still haven't managed to get on it yet! Loving the picture of you & Vicky with Ariana - she's never looked better
It was dead when we went in, you guys could do it with a really early start!

Cheers, Ariana was really nice to us!
Old 3 Oct 16, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Enjoying reading through your trip report so far, fab wedding and I am seriously loving those Mickey and Minnie tops 😍

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ILOV3DOLPHINS View Post
Enjoying reading through your trip report so far, fab wedding and I am seriously loving those Mickey and Minnie tops 😍
Thank you for reading it, glad you have enjoyed it so far