Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 May 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
As far as I'm aware you need to check in to POFQ to activate your tickets etc.Our plan is to get up early on the first day and take an Uber to POR and check in and leave our cases there before going to a park.The only problem with this plan is we will have to take all of our valuables into the park with us. I'm planning on putting our passports,money,cards etc in a bumbag. I will probably end up checking it every 5 minutes to make sure I haven't lost anything lol
That's exactly what we're planning on doing! Great minds...

I know what you mean about the passports, valuables etc, makes me on edge. I'm like that on the way to the airport, at the airport, on the plane...well you get the idea!
Old 7 May 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

we did this last trip and never got our bands for 2nd hotel till late evening so glad our first bands worked just fine
Old 9 May 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We had 3 lots on our last trip and they were completely interchangeable.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Oh brilliant I just need my booking to appear on MDE then I can order😀I booked last Wednesday so hopefully shouldn't be too much longer.I have been changing my mind constantly between red or purple and now I can have both,I'm easily pleased lol
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
Oh brilliant I just need my booking to appear on MDE then I can order😀I booked last Wednesday so hopefully shouldn't be too much longer.I have been changing my mind constantly between red or purple and now I can have both,I'm easily pleased lol
We have 2 bookings AOA then AKL I have just picked red and purple bands for my trip too.
Old 11 May 17, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post

How do the magic bands become interchangeable please. We are also going to be having a 2 night room only stay at all stars on arrival before checking g into AKL for our package withtickets and DDP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by TandCmum View Post
How do the magic bands become interchangeable please. We are also going to be having a 2 night room only stay at all stars on arrival before checking g into AKL for our package withtickets and DDP.
They just work. Unless you go into MDE and physically turn one off then all your active bands works as one.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
They just work. Unless you go into MDE and physically turn one off then all your active bands works as one.
So they aren't linked to the reservation? I imagined that our first set would just unlock our room for our room only stay then once we had checked out they would deactivate and our second set would have our room key, tickets and dining plan on
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
They are linked to MDE. Everything else is linked to MDE so everything works as one. MDE is the key.

Tickets > MDE
Magic Bands > MDE
Hotel Reservation > MDE
ADR's > MDE
FP+ > MDE
Photopass > MDE

Obviously the key to the room of the first hotel will stop working after check out but both bands will then open the door of the next hotel. You could have 6 bands per person and they would all open the door of the Disney hotel room. All let you into the theme parks with the tickets and all work the dining plan.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by catki11 View Post
Does that mean I don't have to check in to POFQ to 'activate' my park tickets and dining plan? Can I just use the magic bands from ASM?
Been back nearly a week nowThought I'd let you know what happened on our hotel changeover day.We went for breakfast at ASS and I asked the CM to check if our dining plan was on our Magic bands and it was.Checked out and asked if they could see if our tickets had already been activated and they had so we left our luggage with bell services and got a bus straight to a park.We left Hollywood studios and got the bus to POR and checked in and we were given our second set of Magic bands.When we got to our room bell services delivered our cases. It was all so easy and I didn't mind much about carrying our passports and money around,I thought I'd be panicking about losing them all day.I did do online check in for both resorts so not sure if this made a difference with the dining plan and tickets being activated.Hope this helps
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List