Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Revolut or just revolting

I recommended this card to a mate who was off to vegas with 10 or so workmates for a lads holiday 4 nights living it large ! He loaded £1800 into it ,first day $500 out no problem, next day would not let him take anything out,he tried on numerous occasions over the next couple of days,nothing out,had to borrow from his mates, customer services ,no reply, live chat ,nothing ,the day the were coming home he got a thousand dollars out and paid his mates back, this is not the first complaint I've heard or read on this site, unreliable is worse than useless.Ill be emptying mine,and back to Thomas cook.
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pudders
Apprentice Imagineer

We've used it twice in Florida on two separate trips. Not a problem at all. We've never used it to take money out however, only purchases on the card.

For us - it's been great alternative to using a card abroad and getting the best rate of exchange when topping up.
Old 24 May 17, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

never had a problem thus far in 2 trip and its been used in orlando,ohio and new york... I also have a fair fx card and credit card for any problems though
Old 24 May 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
metal0121
Trading Disney Pins

I think it does state on the app that unless you are premium then you only get 1x atm (assuming per month?)...then it also has crossed out (unless on premium) free exclusive 24/7 customer service. (Check details out by going into app, going to "More" button at the bottom left, then click on Premium icon and then on standard and you should see everything/or not that the card includes.
metal0121 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No problem here
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I think you get max of £200 free ATM withdrawal per month. After this 2% charge.
Old 24 May 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobs
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Same here, recommended to a friend, then it took 3 weeks for them to deliver!

Over that 3 week period, he tried to contact support in different ways. He actually thought revoult was a scam.
scoobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

It's not really a card you'd choose if you were intending to just use it as an ATM withdrawal card. Also not wise to rely on just a single card.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We got rid of ours. Unreliable.
During 2 separate trips it was seemingly hit and miss if it would work or not.
This was paying at checkouts in places like Walmart, Publix and trying to pay for fuel at several garages. Embarrassing!

When we EVENTUALLY got to speak to someone at Revolut their answer to our problems was that we'd put the wrong PIN in.
We absolutely had not used a wrong PIN, we are quite capable of using PIN numbers! :angry:
And given it worked on some occasions using this same and correct PIN this was a weak excuse on their part!

We knew about the limit on withdrawing from an ATM but again, it was hit and miss if it would work below that limit.

We always, sensibly and thankfully, had access to other means of payment - but the embarrassment of it being declined repeatedly when trying to pay for stuff at checkouts was too much.

Can't understand why we had so many problems with it because some people have none
However, we have read many many similar complaints so it wasn't just us.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've got one for this years trip. My theory is that since you can exchange sterling to dollars and back again at the same rate and withdraw back to your account when you want, worst case scenario is that I'll do that. I also have a Caxton card and a PO credit card so won't be stuck and with all the mobile apps available all that transferring of funds is doable within minutes.
As someone else has pointed out, the risk here is with having one source of funds. Mine will be split between about 5 different methods.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List