Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jun 17, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

it's weird isn't it, i think the fun of planning it all is over and you're kindo lost as to what to do now, then I start thinking about coming home ...just ugh, have to say im dealing with a lot of teenage angst at the moment which is not helping the thought of her with her nose in her phone the whole holiday is making me feel really low
Old 15 Jun 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
This has happened to me both last year and the year before. Hasn't quite kicked in yet but I'm prepared for it to do so in the next day or two!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

It's a weird phenomenon, but I get it every time. Never quite sure when it will occur but it always kicks in at some point.

It occurs regardless of whether planning is complete as well, and once it does I find my willingness to plan or make bookings goes with it.

It's the equivalent of hitting the wall during a marathon We need some carb gel equivalent to get back in the game
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well, never happened to me. But always planning the next one before the current one starts.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Happens to me every time. Around 2 weeks before we go, I get panicky and stress about everything, convincing myself that it is a bad idea and I will hate it. I also worry about leaving our pets and have sleepless nights over them.

We fly in just under 2 weeks now and I am really pushing myself to feel positive but as we are going on a split stay this time and we haven't before, I have more to worry about!

Silly thing is as soon as the plane takes off and we are on our way I feel fine again ☺
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

I think it's the danger of over planning. I'm doing research and getting ideas, there are only 2 things which I know I need to book (one is already booked) the other is bbb but other than that, that's the only planning. We are not doing fp and we are literally going to take each day as it comes. If we queue we queue, we are taking a laid back approach.
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Silly thing is as soon as the plane takes off and we are on our way I feel fine again ☺
I'm not 100% relaxed until I'm through immigration, picked up the rental and checked out the villa

It's a labour of love
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I think for me we've invested so much into this holiday. Cash obviously, but time, planning and excitement, and it's natural to start questioning things.

My countdown is going so quickly, which is nice, but the reality of how quickly the holiday will go isn't!

I also get that surreal feeling when the holiday starts of this can't be it so soon, must be a rehearsal. No, this is it, enjoy it!

Edited at 09:35 AM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
rachael1991
Helping Minnie

rachael1991's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I get the same thing, mainly because we always book so far in advance. But even a week before I'm not fussed, packing my case, getting docs together.

The excitement hits me when I'm on the plane, don't worry too much about it
WDW Honeymoon... 2021?
rachael1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I made the mistake one year of going on tripadvisor after I'd booked a hotel and read about work being done and people complaining about loads of things at the hotel. I was worried and quiet miserable a few days before we left, where as I'd been really excited when I booked it.
As it turned out we loved the hotel and had an absolutely amazing time.
I have learnt from that not to look at reviews once I've booked somewhere.
Have you seen anything negative that could be making you feel this way ?
Not really. Just the weather. But we are there for a good while so I'm sure we will get some sunshine
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List