Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 May 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Sounds a horrible experience. I always think that someone who finds it necessary to behave in such a manner mustn't be totally happy in their lives and take it out on others.
Anyway karma has a way of coming back to bite them sòoner or later.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m afraid I have to agree with you that making a complaint could backfire. As you say, you’d have to identify yourself, the chances of them being fired are zero and you could open yourself to some sort of retribution. You’d like to think not but I wouldn’t risk it either.

When my brother lived in Canada I always flew via Newark with United but I’ve since heard several people say the Canadian border is no joke. The Canadians are so friendly and welcoming it’s hard to believe but I think these days most countries use the approach that we’re all guilty and have to prove our innocence.

I would never get snarky or get it back unless I held citizenship of that country and was guaranteed entry.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Minnie18 - Hilarious 🤣🤣 Had the same pat down in MCO when a protein bar in my bag caused chaos and was swabbed and analysed along with myself. She felt under my underwire, right between my legs then put her hand in the waistband and pulled the waistband away and glanced in. So glad I had my underwear on, my mother always warned me the day would come I’d be caught by surprise 😆
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you were extremely unlucky to get the wrong person on what seems to have been one of her bad days. No excuse for taking it out on you.

It is awful that you had this experience and while 1.4 million people go through Dublin pre-clearance each year one experience like this is one to many.

Sun Haven Villa

Modern 6 Bed Villa
Monitored Alarm
South Facing Pool/Spa
Covered Lanai
Super Fast WiFi
Large screen HDTV
Pool Table

McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TomG76 View Post
Thanks guys. I'm not sure if it's all recorded? If it is was any other type of employee, even TSA or security I'd be filing a complaint but I think we have too much to lose by getting on the wrong side of ICE. Stinks that they are untouchable and maybe that's what allows bad apples like this one to abuse their power but if you complained and got banned from entering it just wouldn't be worth it. As it is my wife is convinced the furious typing she was doing as we walked away was her making a not about us to future agents. I don't think we'd make it through the long flight with the anxiety of what lay ahead if we filed a complaint. I can't see any way to make it anonymous if you (understandably) have to provide time, officer name etc
It won't make any difference to you if you file a complaint. Chances are you won't see the officer again and they won't know who file a complaint against them. People file complaints against the border officers all the time.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I thought the US introduced a ruling where travellers clearing immigration were to be treated with respect, what Tom endured was far from respectful, that woman was downright rude and needs to be taken to task over her treatment. I would've demanded a Supervisor be called. Totally unacceptable but no way would that vile woman stop me from transiting via Dublin in the future.
Old 11 May 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds horrible. We are usually met with pretty rude immigration staff wherever we have flown into in the US. I will never understand why they behave like that, I can only assume they’re on a massive power trip! Surely their day would be so much better if they were just civil and polite to people. Totally unnecessary.
Old 11 May 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We must have been lucky the worst we have had was brusque. The last one we had was positively pleasant and smiley.
Probably jinxed it now for next trip.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile

We have just gone through Dublin preclearance and it was ok just a few questions I was worried as our estas had no middle names in them but all was fine!
kc1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Part of the psychological pressure they are trained to apply in cases where they suspect you may have another reason for a visit. Seem like a******s but this is how they are trained. My dad became friendly with one on a European coach trip and he told him all about it.
I’ve had the same when I went to the Carolinas at Atlanta Airport 8 years ago. Questioned where I was going in intimate detail, and when I said Hilton Head Island he said - “Where’s your golf clubs?” I said I didn’t play golf. “You don’t go to Hilton Head and not play golf” he claimed and went on and on about it. He then was quizzing me on my money. Madness as it’s one of the top family destinations on the coast with a Disney hotel there, millions go and don’t play golf. I said I heard it was a very nice family resort and you didn’t need to play Golf- ‘You’ll see’ he said in a nasty manner.
Don’t take it personally is the answer. I do wonder if they are testing if you’ll lose your temper.