Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Oct 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Allan
slightly serious Dibber

Holiday Hotel closed

Hi.

I have a package booked with jet 2 and the hotel I am due to be staying at is still closed due to the pandemic.

Jet 2 advise me they havenít been told by the hotel yet , I have the email from the hotel confirming it is closed and will be passed my arrival date.

Am I entitled to a refund?
As I do not want switched to another hotel , the holiday was booked last year and hotel chosen for a specific reason , just wasnít sure if they would force a change of hotel on me
Lesley_Allan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Unfortunatly I don't think your hotel is Jet2s problem. Their contract is to get you to your destination which they can do.
Its rubbish though if you chose a hotel for specific reasons. Is there nothing else at all suitable? I would just be happy my holiday was still going ahead!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Surely a hotel change would be a significant change to a package and then be eligible for refund?
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Jet 2's terms and condition state that a change to hotel is not a significant change, as long as they provide a similar standard one. I think your best bet is to wait for the hotel to inform them they are closed and try and talk to someone. Good luck
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

T&Cs limiting rights have no bearing as the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations apply.
Hotel substitution is fact specific- is it as good a hotel, in the same area, to the same standard, offering the same essential to you facilities, same quality, same all inclusive etc. These facts all have to be taken into account as to whether a change is substantial enough to satisfy the Regulations or not.
So for example, you have booked a 5 star all inclusive, with amazing reviews, and they can only offer an inferior 4 star, that could be enough to say itís a substantial change. You booked one with a kids club and the one they want to send you to doesnít have one could be another. Another is in the Centre of the resort and you like to walk about, the other is technically in the same town but 2 miles out in the middle of nowhere etc.
Sometimes though Jet 2 send you somewhere better to try and cut off these arguments- there were people in the Iberostar Anthelia when we were there who had booked a lesser and cheaper hotel with Jet 2.

Edited at 09:50 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List