Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 May 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Taking a nearly 2 year old to DLP

Just doing a bit of research, me and my partner are looking to take our little girl to DLP next year, I have visited many times but never with a child so looking for advice, best places to stay, fly or drive? Time of year to go (preferably outside of school holidays), things to do and see and just general experiences.
Some of our family say she is too young, we disagree and think there’s a lot for her to enjoy but now I’m doubting myself with all the nay sayers !
Xxx
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
xxHxx
Looking for my Ears

No Advice sorry but I am in the same boat and would love to hear some tips etc. off people who have been with a toddler x
xxHxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Also any trip reports we could read with toddlers ? Xxx
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We went when my son was 10months, 23months and 35months. We all loved it and our son got so much out of it. We find it easier driving, we took snacks, water etc with us and weren’t restricted. Also we found the drive easy. We went in january, it was cold and we had snow but the parks are dead, crowds none existent. We went Monday - Friday and things were walk on, stayed on pirates 3 times round! Walked straight in to see Mickey etc. Just look at closures cos january is refurbished month and they often close the storybook bit which is great for toddlers. I’d definitely recommend avoiding weekends.

In jan the parks close at 7, but we found this okay. We had our main meal at lunch and got a sandwich from EOS on our way back, and then it was bedtime when we got back to the hotel.

The buffets are good as under 3s eat free.

Don’t listen to anyone who says they aren’t old enough, even if they don’t remember you will and he lights and sounds etc will mesmerise them. Our son loved each of our trips. We took him to WDW at just 2 and he loved that too. We took our daughter last August to WDW at 5months old and yes she won’t remember and didn’t get anything out of it but she’s part of the family and I wasn’t leaving her! But we had lots of comments about her not being old enough including from my mum! If you want to do that as a holiday go for it, see it through your child’s eyes, it will be different but it will be just as fun!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
We went when my son was 10months, 23months and 35months. We all loved it and our son got so much out of it. We find it easier driving, we took snacks, water etc with us and weren’t restricted. Also we found the drive easy. We went in january, it was cold and we had snow but the parks are dead, crowds none existent. We went Monday - Friday and things were walk on, stayed on pirates 3 times round! Walked straight in to see Mickey etc. Just look at closures cos january is refurbished month and they often close the storybook bit which is great for toddlers. I’d definitely recommend avoiding weekends.

In jan the parks close at 7, but we found this okay. We had our main meal at lunch and got a sandwich from EOS on our way back, and then it was bedtime when we got back to the hotel.

The buffets are good as under 3s eat free.

Don’t listen to anyone who says they aren’t old enough, even if they don’t remember you will and he lights and sounds etc will mesmerise them. Our son loved each of our trips. We took him to WDW at just 2 and he loved that too. We took our daughter last August to WDW at 5months old and yes she won’t remember and didn’t get anything out of it but she’s part of the family and I wasn’t leaving her! But we had lots of comments about her not being old enough including from my mum! If you want to do that as a holiday go for it, see it through your child’s eyes, it will be different but it will be just as fun!
Thank you Vickitoria,
We haven’t ruled out driving just not thought about it too much !
That’s great to know about the buffets ! That will be really useful for us !
And I love that you took your little ones to WDW, we are adamant that this will be a great experience for us and our little princess so it will be great to ale her !
Xxx
Old 2 May 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Yeah you need to take it at their pace. We did child swap when our son was asleep on bigger rides if we wanted but we didn’t do many. We focussed on him but at 2 there’s not actually much they can’t go on. If you have any questions just ask. I didn’t do a trip report but have got plenty of experience with kids! 5 Disney parks on 5 years! (3 DLP, 2 WDW). The best photos we have were taken on the trip when my son was 23months. These are 2 of my favourite ever photos:

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

It's Disney, perfectly fine for toddlers. Took my eldest when she was 18 month old, my youngest when she was 9 moths old and had great time ( they are now 15yrs & 11yrs) we went via coach to begin with & then did self drive. Never had any issues. I actually took my eldest to Majorca when she was 7 month old & it was spoil much easier than when she was older haha. Your toddler may not remember everything but you will always have the memories in your mind, pictures, videos and they are great to look back on.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I took my youngest when he was 13 months old (& my DD(7) and it was over Christmas Day. Hands down one of the best christmasses we have had.
We still went on rides, we have the CUTEST video of him meeting Mickey Mouse for the first time, even kissing his nose!
It was brilliant!
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

I have twin grand babies ( boy and a girl) who are 13 months and I’d love to take them next year to Paris .My children first went when they were 4 and 5 to Florida which I think will be too much for the twins .Never been to Disneyland Paris so would be a new experience for me too
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I wish we’d had the money to take the children when they were tiny. They’ve loved it at 5/6/9/10, but I think there’s an extra magic when they’re really little!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List