Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 May 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Mobile Best time of year to go ! Advice please !

So we are well under way with planning our trip to DLP with our little princess but my question to you is when is the best time to go?
I have been many times (mostly winter) and twice in summer school holidays.
Nov Dec jan (when I last visited) was far too cold and as we are no longer tied to school holidays it would be great to visit when the weathers a bit warmer and we are more or less guaranteed some sun but not in the school holidays to avoid the crush.
Any ideas, advice welcome please !
Thanks everyone xxx
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
three_eyd_fish
I want to go now!

Mobile

We did end of September last year and weather was lovely and warm and queues were minimal. We also did March this year and it was too cold for my liking!
three_eyd_fish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

I've only ever been in December and January and even though it was freezing and snowing the crowd levels were low and we loved it !

This year we're trying out 1 full day and a second half day right at the start of August that I think may be a shock to the system in terms of crowd levels
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We've been early October, April and May in the last year (actually here now!). April was still busy even though it was a week after the school's had gone back in the UK and France and it is crazy here at the moment. I have an infinity pass and we've not been able to get into the VIP parking bit twice so my vote would be late September/early October.
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

The best place to start is by googling the school holiday dates for European and UK schools, plus public holidays in France, and then pick a time that doesn't coincide with them. My favourite times would be early to mid May or early October for the Halloween season.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Mobile

End of Sept or beginning of Oct is my favourite time to go, it's not too busy and you catch the start of Halloween season

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post
End of Sept or beginning of Oct is my favourite time to go, it's not too busy and you catch the start of Halloween season
I would agree with this, it's a great time to go, the halloween decorations are lovely. We often go early November too as it's my daughters birthday, sometimes we've managed Halloween, Bonfire night fireworks and just caught the beginning of the Christmas season on a November visit!
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

The only risk about avoiding French school holiday is that some of the big rides might be closed for maintenance.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

i agree, end of september sounds good. ive done january before - very cold! november was lovely and magical. september (WDW) was perfect. we are going next week for our first "in school holidays" trip and im slightly nervous at how busy its going to be!
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We thought early Sep would be quiet but the Spanish schools were off till mid September so it was pretty busy!

We have been early March and had decent weather but prefer cold to hot any day. Would never go in August since the first ever visit when we nearly melted!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List