Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 May 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

I've got the blues...

I knew it was coming, just back from our first trip which I can honestly say was our best holiday ever and feeling really low, is this what a Florida holiday does to you

Anyway can I have some tips on how to shake these blues, I'd love to rebook but that means another year's hard saving.
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I totally understand how you feel, we dont go every year, as its such a huge financial commitment and also, just want to really miss it and have new stuff to do when we go again, so we leave two to three years between trips. I just live off peoples trip reports in between!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
alcohol

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have had it many times, we aren’t planning on going back just yet, this year Kefalonia and maybe my sons Wedding in Toronto next year. He’s not even engaged but is moving to Toronto to be with his GF next month. If all goes well Toronto and New York if not Florida maybe!
Old 13 May 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Read my thread about the problems in my life (I've had some disappointed news). That will make you forget about Florida and realise how fortunate you are.

I hope that helps.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

Start planning your next trip, even if it is in 2 or 3 years time. Set yourself an estimated period when you would like to go again. You can then start looking at places and things that you missed out on on your last trip, places you would like to stay and possible flights.

The forward planning can be almost as enjoyable as the trip.

Sun Haven Villa

Modern 6 Bed Villa
Monitored Alarm
South Facing Pool/Spa
Covered Lanai
Super Fast WiFi
Large screen HDTV
Pool Table

McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

We don’t do every year, and the next one is booked for next year but after that will be a while as we have santorini and NY and California before Orlando again. It does get under your skin and it is certainly a completely different holiday experience and carefree. Maybe look for 3 years time, go through what you liked and didn’t like, on-site off site, what parks you preferred over others or what you didn’t do you could do this time. It really does help the blues
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Start planning the next one on the West coast to Disneyland and all of the other things you can do that side. Florida is like planning 2 weeks in Benidorm in comparison.

Just trying to put together an itinerary of where to go, let alone what to do in that location will keep you busy for months.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was very down in the dumps after our last return (my lovely father in law passed away just before we returned so that contributed loads), I found that writing a trip report one day at a time really helped. I re-lived every day over a fortnight and it was very therapeutic.
Disney blues is a real thing
Old 13 May 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I know how you feel. For the first week back, I kept looking at the time, deducting 5hrs & thinking “I’d just be getting up now & looking at the pool/going to a park/having dinner over there” etc etc.
We can’t afford to return for a few years yet, so I’m consoling myself with other people’s trip reports & as much time on The Dibb as I can manage! 😉
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List