Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Jun 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

BA not serving in-flight meals?

OK, let me start by saying that (looking at our countdown), I am not holding out much hope this summer, anyway. However, I decided to go through the motions, add the API, check our seats etc. and then thought about our DDx3 and in-flight meals. We normally order a child's meal for each of them.

Glad I checked, as I hadn't seen mention of the fact that BA might not be serving ANY meals on long-haul flights at the moment (must have missed that email from BA). No ability to book a special meal in "manage my booking" and you are then met with this, just in case any of you hadn't spotted it...…..if any of us get to fly, looks like you'll need to stock up before the airport.

"All flights
Special dietary requirements or allergies will not be catered to.
You can eat any food brought with you that does not require heating or chilling.
We‘ll continue to assist parents who need to heat milk for their children.

Long-haul
We’ve worked closely with food and health experts to make available a selection of hot and soft drinks as well as some light refreshments. We’ll be carefully and hygienically preparing and packaging your light refreshments before your flight. Call the contact centre to discuss your options for refunds on pre-paid meals. Call volumes are extremely high at the moment due to the unprecedented circumstances so please bear with us if it takes some time for us to assist you. Thank you for your understanding during these challenging times.

If you would like to bring food onboard, we suggest you purchase food before you reach the airport, as many restaurants and shops at the airport may be closed."

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I received an email from BA today about it all. I haven't read it yet though. It's headed 'We look forward to welcoming you back on board'.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

My son is currently on a BA long haul flight (over 12h long). It would have been good to have received this info before he left! Then again, it would have been even better if he had been advised that the second leg of the flight had been cancelled.

Though he did get daily emails about wearing a mask...

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

We returned 2 weeks ago on a BA flight from Chicago, we were handed a box with a wrapped croissant,Oreo biscuit and a bottle of water, absolutely no alcohol allowed.😢
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I saw this and didn't really pick up on that element! That's crazy on a long haul flight.

I also noticed the changing masks every four hours...I guess that's what your hand luggage will be for these days 😂
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

I hadn't seen anything about this. I'm not an airline food lover, neither is dd so we normally pack food anyway. 9 times out of 10 we don't eat anything at all thought because we are both dreadful fliers... ds and dh on the other hand will need a suitcase just for food then 🤣
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I'd better buy a bigger hand luggage bag for all this food and masks I'm going to be needing
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by spinone lover View Post
We returned 2 weeks ago on a BA flight from Chicago, we were handed a box with a wrapped croissant,Oreo biscuit and a bottle of water, absolutely no alcohol allowed.😢
I'd be concerned about it being only one bottle of water. I drink a lot of water on flights.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

You maybe better check your ESTAs as there have been comments on here suggesting that doing an API for flights into USA from U.K. when banned, can lead to the ESTA being cancelled.
No solid proof, by possibly worth a check.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I'd be concerned about it being only one bottle of water. I drink a lot of water on flights.
Me too but I imagine they want to keep bathroom visits to a minimum
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List