Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 8 Sep 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
OP do you know that Beamish must be pre booked at the moment?
Yes thank you we are booked for 10 am next Tuesday

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dogken View Post
We went to Beamish yesterday and although a lot of it was closed we still had a good day out, the trams aren't running but they have the old open top bus running and we got to ride that.
In the village half of the shops are closed and the ones that are open are running a one way system, and there was no staff inside showing how living was back in the day.
The fish n' chip shop is open so that's a plus, also your ticket is valid for one year so you can always return.👍
Thank you

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

A lovely dibber recommended lucia restaurant for my recent first time york visit. It was a lovely meal and I highly recommend too now!
I was a bit disappointed with the jorvick centre because of the social distancing, felt I couldnt enjoy it as much as I would "normally", but still glad I did it. The shambles area is lovely, and we didnt drink at the house of trembling madness but purchased a few minitures there of whiskey dh would love to try but if you dont like it is a bit of a oocket ouch for a full bottle! We were there for 2 and a half days and will go back. Another dibber recommended cut and craft to eat at, we couldnt get in but it looked great.
Old 8 Sep 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
When we last went to York we were recommended Wackers Fish and Chips. Nothing fancy but food was excellent.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The Castle Museum in York is well worth visiting, and a boat ride up the river is nice too. If you don't mind a drive out of the city then Castle Howard is fab.
Betty's for afternoon tea is a must do.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Excited about Disney

We were at Beamish at the weekend. Can recommend the Shepard and Shepardess for food and a drink. It is right next to Beamish.

As someone said take your walking shoes as the site is large. We enjoyed the visit but did miss the people who normally explain the exhibits. Really missed the dentist bit 😃 For me this really brings history to life and sets Beamish apart from other museums. Highly recommend another visit when things return to normal.
Holiday time is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
The Castle Museum in York is well worth visiting, and a boat ride up the river is nice too. If you don't mind a drive out of the city then Castle Howard is fab.
Betty's for afternoon tea is a must do.
We have Bettys booked for afternoon tea on Wednesday.

Old 8 Sep 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I live in York and we love cut and craft and lucia's (both are owned by the same guy). My favourite cafe is mannions (opposite MacDonalds) Lots of great places to visit, it's a lovely place to just wander, go down the little alleys (called snickleways), there is always something quirky around the corner. York walls are another favourite of mine, especially the part between Monkgate and Bootham bar.
Old 9 Sep 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
I live in York and we love cut and craft and lucia's (both are owned by the same guy). My favourite cafe is mannions (opposite MacDonalds) Lots of great places to visit, it's a lovely place to just wander, go down the little alleys (called snickleways), there is always something quirky around the corner. York walls are another favourite of mine, especially the part between Monkgate and Bootham bar.
It was you twinmummy who recommended lucias to me on my york trip! We had our anniversary meal there and it was really really lovely. We had a great evening there. Thank you. X
Old 9 Sep 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Thank you for the replies I’m looking forward to wondering around the Shambles enjoying a coffee and exploring York and what it has to offer already I feel my 3 nights in York will not be enough.