Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

So sorry to hear this. I know it’s heart breaking. In my experience, when you start thinking it’s nearly time it probably is - you know your pet better than anyone else. With our beautiful old boy Merlin , when he couldn’t do most of his favourite things (go on a walk, jump on off sofa , get up the stairs with us at night (he’d always slept at the side of our bed) we knew it was time. Still miss him dreadfully though

Edited at 05:52 PM.
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I’m so sorry but I think it’s time it’s never easy
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Husband thinks it’s time

For me I think my logically brain says it is but my emotional brain doesn’t want to let go.

He will still try to come and see the kids and loves treats etc. But these aren’t like they used to. He used to have a thing about being as close to watch them as he could and now he is more in his basket.

He is currently not looking at us cos he has pood on the floor and he isn’t happy about it.

I just feel horrible cos he is with us half the time and then the rest he isn’t quite there in his head.

I don’t want to remember him losing himself but I don’t know if I can make that decision to let him go
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Husband thinks it’s time

For me I think my logically brain says it is but my emotional brain doesn’t want to let go.

He will still try to come and see the kids and loves treats etc. But these aren’t like they used to. He used to have a thing about being as close to watch them as he could and now he is more in his basket.

He is currently not looking at us cos he has pood on the floor and he isn’t happy about it.

I just feel horrible cos he is with us half the time and then the rest he isn’t quite there in his head.

I don’t want to remember him losing himself but I don’t know if I can make that decision to let him go
It's so hard, but you will get there.
You have to do what's best for him 😢xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Husband thinks it’s time

Merlin was on exact same meds as your dog. He had hip issues. I was so worried he wouldn’t be able to get up to get to his water when we were out it decided things. He was also still happy until the end (he was just a happy soul) . We had the vet to the house (he worried so much at the vets) and they sedated him first. Never, ever easy
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Mobile

We booked an appointment with the vet last week for tests and advice as it was getting to that stage.

Blood tests showed kidney disease and cancer so we took Daisy in on Wednesday morning to be put to sleep. It was the best decision for her but absolutely heartbreaking for us.

We had just been through this in July with her brother. The house feels so empty and quiet with no dogs for the first time in nearly 15 years.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Oh im so sad for you, our wee dog is 13.5 years, still happy, tail wagging etc. But every day is a bonus day for us as she is an old lady. She does have peeing accidents occasionally, but atm everything else is functioning ok. Thoughts are with you xxx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

The minute a dog loses control i feel is the time for it to go. Thinking of you xx
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

I am so very sorry but absolutely agree that now he’s lost his dignity, and it’s clearly upsetting him because dogs are very clean once toilet trained, that it is time. This is so heartbreaking and I really empathize with you. Sending lots of hugs x
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scoop
Excited about Disney

This is heartbreaking. I think you know the answer if he is now having accidents and fretting about it. Sending lots of love to you, your family and your furry friend ❤
Scoop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List