Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Can she visit a pharmacy? they provide minor ailment treatment in the UK ( not that it's a minor ailment) but give advise etc and may be able to issue some medication.
She really does warrant further investigation.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I had a UTI last weekend. I phoned 111 after being up all night in pain . They sent me to a nurse led minor injuries unit. I was in and out of there within 40 minutes with a prescription.
DD also suffered with very frequent UTI's. She had a small op where they stretched her urethra. No problems since.
Feebee2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
The fact that your mum has lost a lot of weight, i assume without dieting would be a red flag to me. Definitely needs to see a doctor and tell them she has lost weight , bloating and constant UTI. Please go to a walk in centre.
She hasn't lost weight
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A few years ago I had back to back UTI's the first one I thought I had flu it was so bad, I laid on the sofa for 3 days because my legs were so weak 7 day course of antibiotics did sort it for a week or two, then it came back but thankfully not so bad, then had a 3 days course and it seemed ok.

Like someone mentioned about the Sainsbury Cystitis sachets, I take the Tesco version, as soon as my pee gets a bit cloudy or strong, I take the 2 day course and it sorts me out before it gets any worse.
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

DH had a UTI recently (1st ever). Phoned GP & they wrote prescription & he had to hand in a urine sample. 2 weeks later on a Saturday it flared up again so he phoned NHS24 - was then put on to Out of Hours & they faxed prescription to Boots. We are in Scotland so may be different where your mum is but your mum should try A&E or 111. Really dreadful service from GP.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
She hasn't lost weight
Sorry Rasmus, having a senior moment, it was Essex Sue's mum. I need to get out more, all this staying in is haddling my brain.

Edited at 12:25 AM.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoDaisy
Having Dinner with Goofy

Half a teaspoon bicarbonate soda in 1 pint of water, repeat after 1 hour and then again after 2 hours (no more than 2/3 doses per day). Advised by my urologist and certainly will ease discomfort until seen. If taken early enough can resolve but by now most likely she’ll need antibiotics. Ring 111 if GP unhelpful. Good luck x
DiscoDaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Try robinsons lemon barley water, that's the old fashioned method before cranberry juice became popular. Has to be barely water though, not just lemon squash
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Couldn't get her to try any of your suggestions, she's on other meds so think she's too worried to try anything else.

She finally got a call back from the doc late on Friday, he said to take a sample up on monday-any sterile pot will do.
She had a sample pot so used that but when she got to the doctors the nurse would take it... because it didn't have a red lid!
She's on more antibiotics now so has to wait untill they're finished to try again 🤬
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Are you allowed to change doctors in the uk? Is it easy?