Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Kitchen colour advice

Hi guys,

So I move into my first home on Monday and I've just received a picture of our kitchen.

The kitchen is open plan to the livingroom, so the decor will have to carry through.

I'm not a fan of super modern, I like more country styling. I think its needs warming up.

What colours would you suggest? I'm not painting yet, but I still need to buy everything furniture and styling wise.

P.s please no grey, I like colour haha

Old 26 Nov 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
We wanted traditional as we have no intention of ever having it done again, so we went for Ivory wood units with a dark grey quartz worktop.
I also love colour so we went for the cream, red and blue tiles.
The walls are white apart from the one on the opposite wall to this which is F&B Breakfast Room green.

Sorry for the alcohol bottles, we were just about to make our first celebratory cocktail

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Have a look at tranquil dawn or overtly olive, both dulux. My sister has a very similar kitchen to you, if not the same, and she has tranquil dawn which has a slight green tinge to it. We have overtly olive in our kitchen, cream cupboards, white surfaces and it has made the kitchen much more homely and warm. I would add that we weren't keen when we put the tester on, but having looked on Instagram and Google, decided to go ahead and really pleased with the result. Have fun finding colours
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Dulux Visualizer app is what we are using. But you need to take a photo , can you access the kitchen?
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I always say this as its so important when deciding of colours for a room but which way does the light come into the room? It can have a big impact on how colours can look in a room. If it is North facing then I would recommend avoiding any cool colours as they will look really dull and cold. If you let me know and let me know what colours you like/don't like then I would be happy to put a colour of colour palettes together for you. Hope this helps x
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by storm View Post
Dulux Visualizer app is what we are using. But you need to take a photo , can you access the kitchen?
Not til Monday sadly. But good shout 🙂
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I always say this as its so important when deciding of colours for a room but which way does the light come into the room? It can have a big impact on how colours can look in a room. If it is North facing then I would recommend avoiding any cool colours as they will look really dull and cold. If you let me know and let me know what colours you like/don't like then I would be happy to put a colour of colour palettes together for you. Hope this helps x
Aww thats kind of you. Well the kitchen is quite dark, even though its south facing, because of the utility room and garage either side of the double doors. The living is north facing but with a very large window. So can be bright.

Definitely looking to brighten it up, as I think its quite cold. I'm leaning towards blues or greens.

This was around midday.

And the flooring is lime washed oak kardean throughout.
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I really like your kitchen, exciting to be moving in so soon, I hope you love your New Home.

As it’s open to your living room, until you’ve lived there for a while I would be keeping it all neutral. Add colour with come layering textures in the living area, that you can even change seasonally, to get the cosy feel.

As your kitchen sink has a wall in front of it, I would get a large picture frame and put in a big sheet of patterned wallpaper to brighten the space up, but easily changeable if you decide you don’t like it.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Have you got your kitchen accessories, kettle etc. What couloir will they be as you don’t want to pick a wall colour and have them clash.
As others have said the deluxe colour app is good.
Possibly pick a rich colour which will make the kitchen stand out. Perhaps a red or green
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I personally would go with white or elephants breath (which is a warm grey) but you say your dont like those - they would work tho in that space

Avoid green as its a very cold colour - strangle but elephants breath is a warm colour (according to F&B) and I have it in my bedroom suite and it works incredibly well

You can order online a F&B colour card and it would arrive by next day post (and its free)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List