Old 8 Jan 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
3 weeks is not enough! Disney & Universal Sept 2016 - Day 21, Mk & home

Today was our last day. There are no photos other than what's in the dining report which is here.

We had to leave for the airport about 12ish for a 4.25pm flight so it was a quick visit to MK. Despite our late night we agreed we’d set the alarm for 6.30am to take advantage of EMH at MK. We had arranged for Bell Services to collect our luggage at 7.50am so had breakfast while we waited of what we had in the room. We also called Mum & Dad to make sure they’d received their suitcase and dad told us the saga of having to go across to the CR. They were just planning on relaxing in the room until check out time.
We left shortly after Bell Services had been and walked across to MK arriving just after opening. Bag check queues were fine as were the tap stiles but it felt manic as it was the 45th anniversary of MK that day. People were queuing up for souvenir park maps and badges that we got handed to us as we walked through!
We planned to do a couple of rides before our 7DMT FP so walked round to Frontierland for Splash Mountain via Adventureland. We passed the totally ginormous queue snaking up Main St from the bottom entrance to the shop as people waited to get in to buy 45th anniversary merchandise. I had to ask someone what the queue was for as I thought it was weird. Each to their own I suppose but I’d rather spend the time enjoying the park!
As we passed PoTC it was a 5 minute wait so we rode that. The previous trip we’d ridden it on our last day and been in the front row meaning we got soaked. Luckily this time they didn’t put anyone in the front (probably had complaints) so we were fine.
The whole area was really quiet and Splash Mountain was a walk on. I love this ride! We didn’t get too wet so it was fine.
We went from there round to Fantasyland and looked in the shops on the way. We got some Christmas decorations for ourselves and got a text from Mum saying she still needed something for our aunt so we suggested getting one for her.
We rode 7DMT then decided we were hungry and went to Gastons for a Le Fous Brew. We split a cinnamon roll and managed to get a table inside to eat it. The cinnamon roll was ok but a bit dry.

When we came out the queue for Gastons was massive and Fantasyland was starting to get busy. We left via Storybook Circus and took the path from there to Tomorrowland. It does annoy me that this whole path is basically a smoking area and we had to walk through the whole thing.
We had a look in the Space Mountain shop – I couldn’t convince Marie to actually do the ride – and got tags for the dogs.
We rode the much loved People Mover then used our FP for Buzz. We had a last look in the shops in Tomorrowland and then had to go back across to the Christmas shop as Mum text asking us to get something for our nieces. That was us done and we left MK for the last time this trip. We had wanted to get the monorail so we could look in Fantasia in the CR but the queue was gigantic so we just walked. We had been going to meet Mum & Dad there but texted them on the way.
Mum & Dad were sitting on a bench outside BLT when we arrived. We collected the luggage and Marie and I popped in to the loos at the pool to get changed and freshened up. We’d have liked a shower but I prefer park time to smelling nice!
I got the car and we did some last minute re-arranging of luggage before packing it all in and heading off to MCO.
We dropped the car off at Hertz and received a receipt with $0 balance thank goodness! We got a couple of trolleys and headed over to Virgin check in which was obviously the farthest away!
We waited until we were through security for food but had a quick look in the Disney, Universal and Seaworld shops while Dad waited patiently. Or in reality got crabbit because we were taking too long.
We ate lunch at Outback and had quick look in the tiny and pointless duty free shop, bought a bottle of water and then headed to the gate. We boarded 20 minutes late and took off another 20 minutes late but who cares, we were due in at stupid o’ clock anyway. I think we made up time though and the flight was really short. I watched Finding Dory and The Boss then had a short sleep before we were getting woken for breakfast. The food on the return was poor so the least said on that the better.
We waited about a million years in Glasgow for our luggage as people got increasingly tired and kids were crying. We eventually got it and walked across to the car pick up while Dad went to get the car. Because it was dark and foggy and we hadn’t paid attention to which area the car was in (they were all lettered) he couldn’t find it. Tempers were starting to fray but eventually he found it and we all got home safe and sound.
So that’s my trip report. I hope people enjoyed it. It was hard work to keep the notes and hard work to write so I’m not sure I’ll do it next year and maybe just stick to the dining report. It’ll probably be similar to this year anyway!

Trip Report Index

Edited at 10:24 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
alansmed
Proud to wear my Ears

An epic trip.
Very enjoyable, thanks for writing. 😊
alansmed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A great trip report, thanks for sharing. I'm not sure I would have the stamina for one myself.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Great report, thanks for sharing 😊
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Thank you for writing, it been great to read along.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Great trip report, really enjoyed reading as well as your foodie report!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks all!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I've spent the whole day reading your report. Sounds like a magical time (apart from the Vegas return incident!) I really hope you do another one but I can imagine they can be very time consuming x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Great trip report thanks, onto 2017 now 😀
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List