Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jul 12, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
alibongo
Trying for More Ears

villa rental off KENWOOD TRAVEL

has anybody rented a villa from KENWOOD TRAVEL before, and if so could you please tell me if there is a welcome/management centre where you pick up villa directions/keys upon arrival,
Old 28 Jul 12, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kcanderson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alibongo View Post
has anybody rented a villa from KENWOOD TRAVEL before, and if so could you please tell me if there is a welcome/management centre where you pick up villa directions/keys upon arrival,
we had an aoa villa last year ,picked details up from hotel beds centre on the 192 "simple" the villa was lovely , it was on calabay park towers quite far out but not a problem for us ,this year we have chosen a villa from them so not sure if the set up is the same , just to add last year one of our party was unable to travel and kenwood were very good in helping us sort out the insurance. hth
kcanderson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 12, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post

For direction you would normally get a map before you go and most villa's have a digital number lock so no need for key collection.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 12, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

After reading a thread this past week where a family were turfed out of their villa because keyword hadn't booked it for long enough, I would NEVER use them for a villa.
Old 28 Jul 12, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
After reading a thread this past week where a family were turfed out of their villa because keyword hadn't booked it for long enough, I would NEVER use them for a villa.
You and me both
Old 28 Jul 12, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
I have to say I subscribed to that thread too. We have booked flights through Kenwood, and I thought on many occasions whilst reading it, thank goodness we didn't get our villa through them too!

Saying that, I hope they've seen the negative feedback it created, and will do their utmost to sort out recompense for that Dibber, and go out of their way to make sure nothing like that ever happens again!
Old 28 Jul 12, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RubyLovesUSA
Trading Disney Pins

Our friends arrived yesterday in FL, travel with Kenwood - their villia is out of this world, huge! They are over the moon with it and yes, they collected the address of their villa from a local managing agent - all hassle free, easy. I've also used Kenwood and they were nothing short of excellent in my experience :-)
1989 - First ever trip to Orlando, Miami & Keys hotel, 1993 hotel, 1994 hotel, 1996 hotel, 1997 hotel, 1999 hotel, 2000 DTD hotel, 2002 hotel, 2006 first with DD Villa, 2007 Villa, 2009 Villa, 2010 Villa, 2012 Villa, 2015 Villa for 10, 2018 Hotel just us 3, 2020 / 2021 NYC, 2023 hotel back to orlando, and 2024 hotel back again with the 'now grown up' kids again!
RubyLovesUSA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 12, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been with kenwood previously and on both occasions have had no issues with flights car or villa.

I would have gone with them this year but found a cheaper option.

I have always found them extremely helpful and reliable.

I too followed the thread earlier this week and I felt that the management company and ken wood were at fault and hope that the family get compensation. as in all walks of life human error exists and I believe that's what happened on this occasion.
Old 29 Jul 12, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
kcanderson
Imagineer

If its a specific villa you have chosen you just get the villa address and lock box code (key inside) and villa alarm code sent to you ,so no going to see mc , know this because our,s arrived yesterday
kcanderson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 12, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread