Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 15 Oct 15, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hurray!

We have our bridesmaids dresses!

After a turbulent few days in which I investigated no less than five alterations shops to check that the alterations Katie needed could be done and which I tried to come up with an answer to every potential criticism that Olly might have of the dress... ta da!

She likes the dress! She said the things I thought she would, regarding the length and the shoulders (the alterations that Katie needs!) but in the end she said it was a gorgeous dress and she loved the sparkly belt and that it was, and I quote, 'very swooshy' The bodice doesn't even need taking in, it's a lovely fit

She thought the material on the skirt was quite heavy, but to be honest, I think this is because there is so much of it that needs cutting off!

But ultimately, she is happy to wear the dress so hurray!

Bridesmaids dresses are sorted over a year in advance, saving me about £150! Absolutely thrilled!

Edited at 05:58 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I have only just stumbled across this thread... what a wonderful engagement story, had me close to tears! and amazed how organised you are... it sounds like everything is coming together perfectly, you must be so excited!

And funnily enough... I am a bridesmaid on Saturday for my best friend and our dresses are the same as the ones you originally chose (that your friend also picked) but we have them in the plum purple colour! Have you had her wedding yet?

Edited at 02:22 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I have only just stumbled across this thread... what a wonderful engagement story, had me close to tears! and amazed how organised you are... it sounds like everything is coming together perfectly, you must be so excited!

And funnily enough... I am a bridesmaid on Saturday for my best friend and our dresses are the same as the ones you originally chose (that your friend also picked) but we have them in the plum purple colour! Have you had her wedding yet?
Thank you

Everything does seem to be coming together. It always pays to be organised... and to check the Coast website obsessively every day before work

Yes, we have had our friend's wedding. It was on the 3rd October. It was a gorgeous wedding and thankfully for me, the bridesmaids dress I've gone for is only similar to Laura's in the belt. Other than that, they are pretty different. These are gorgeous though.This is us in the dress:

I think my Mum is right though... in November, I think the girls will appreciate having their legs covered up!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ah you ladies look beautiful... makes me even more excited to wear mine on Saturday!

The flowers and shoes are gorgeous too, perfect for an autumnal wedding!

Bet it made you even more excited for your own wedding!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Yes it did!

It's been a bit crazy. We got engaged in April 2014. Since then, Jo has got married (the blonde girl in the picture), Laura has got married, Michelle has got engaged (the brunette in the picture) so it's been a bit of a whirlwind. But we're next... nearly at a year away now

Then it will be my best friend Olly (at the top of this page), then my sister, and then Michelle's wedding. All within a year. It's going to be busy!

It's been such a long wait for us as we've bought our first house since we got engaged. We had to live with Neil's parents for 14 months while we saved. Not to mention that we had been talking about it since 2012. But I have a feeling that next year will fly by!
Old 15 Oct 15, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Wowsers you have been busy! I feel like I have had non-stop weddings over the last few years too... must be at that age! (although sadly none of them my own! )
Old 15 Oct 15, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Beautiful bridesmaids dresses!
Fleurlur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Great wedding thread, best wishes for a wonderful day. I enjoyed reading your planning as DD has now named her day for next August and I am now in full "mother in law in training" mode and we are into caterers, dresses, bridesmaids etc. Have a lovely wedding and future together
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Great wedding thread, best wishes for a wonderful day. I enjoyed reading your planning as DD has now named her day for next August and I am now in full "mother in law in training" mode and we are into caterers, dresses, bridesmaids etc. Have a lovely wedding and future together
Thank you... that's really sweet.

Wedding planning is so much fun, I love it

Nearly as much fun as planning a holiday to Florida ... but not quite.

But the fun thing about this is that Florida is the honeymoon. So even after the day is over, I will still have Florida to look forward to

Our ADR window is two weeks after our wedding. Yes, I've already worked that out.
Old 17 Oct 15, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Just read through all this . What a lovely story of how you met and your proposal. My OH was the same, we went to Rome and everyone thought we'd get engaged and he later told me he didn't propose there since everyone thought it was going to happen!

Your plans sound brilliant . I love your dress and the inspiration picture for your bouquet is beautiful, I've spent hours looking and never seen anything quite like that. The colours are going to be beautiful with the navy blue bridesmaids too. I also love the colour of your hair it's gorgeous!

I'm very similar to you, we've had our wedding booked for over 2 years and now we're down to the last few months. I did most of my planning quite early and my dress arrived 11 months before the wedding! We've saved lots of money this way though, booking things when suppliers had offers on and I've enjoyed every minute of planning. One friend told me I'd be fed up of my long engagement by this point but I'm still enjoying it . Starting to get very excited though as we now only have 140 days to go.

Everyone says this, but even more so once the year to go mark hits, time will FLY BY. Like, completely disappear...I swear yesterday was Christmas and its October already! Enjoy every minute of your planning x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List