Notices

Old 19 May 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Hi, thank for reading along You will love the Hard Rock Hotel! My boys were 5 & 6 the first time we stayed there, they loved the pool, it's zero entry and not too deep anyway so very child friendly in that respect. There's so much to do at City Walk now, loads of shops as well as bars and restaurants. Im sure your daughter will love Toothsome Chocolate Emporium definitely worth a visit.

As for breakfast the Hard Rock Hotel has a restaurant called The Kitchen but my advice is not to go there. It is extremely expensive for breakfast and is a very sub standard buffet. We would not eat there again. We just grab a quick on the go breakfast from Emack and Bolio's which is inside the hotel. It sells hot drinks, fresh pastries, fruit pots, cereal etc. It's not extortionate either, or you have the option of stopping at Starbucks or Cinnabon in City Walk

If you think of anything else, let me know
Oh thanks so much for that. Good tips there re breakfast. Yes I spotted Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. Do you think it's best for lunch or dinner or anytime.
😁

Edited at 11:14 PM.
gazzastag is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We too are going on our 5th trip and doing a very similar stay to you. We fly out on 22 July - 11 Aug staying for 17 nights in a villa then 4 at the Royal Pacific. Will keep an eye out for you 👋
Old 20 May 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
Glad you've decided to write a trippie , your trip sounds fab, will definitely be keeping an eye out for you x
Hi Niki

Thanks for stopping by! I'm really glad I took the plunge and did it now

Definitely me too, will be keeping an eye out for you at Universal

Happy planning

x
Old 20 May 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, 21 nights will be awesome. What a fabulous adventure! I love the throwback photos, how cute.

I'd love to stay at HRH sometime, it looks amazing in other people's trip reports and what's not to like about cocktails around the pool

Voodoo donuts looks yummy I'm not surprised you've already made your choices.

The space in a villa will be great and even though it will be different to your onsite experience I'm sure you will love it.

I love the premier inn for the night before, but I've been really dithering about it as the car parking is only up to 15 nights...what have you done about this? Have you just booked the hotel and parking separately or have you gone for the sleep, park, fly? I'd love to see what you've done as it's the last thing that I need to book up.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gazzastag View Post
Oh thanks so much for that. Good tips there re breakfast. Yes I spotted Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. Do you think it's best for lunch or dinner or anytime.
😁
Your welcome. We prefer dinner but it really depends if you prefer to eat a big meal in the day or not. We prefer to snack during the day and went in there just for ice creams and milkshakes.

This is the only picture i could find...

That is the best chocolate milkshake I've ever tasted! Although it took 3 of us to finish it!

You can't make reservations at Toothsome but as your staying at the Hard Rock Hotel you get priority seating
Old 20 May 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jorm35 View Post
We too are going on our 5th trip and doing a very similar stay to you. We fly out on 22 July - 11 Aug staying for 17 nights in a villa then 4 at the Royal Pacific. Will keep an eye out for you 👋
Hi thanks for reading along. How funny, your 5th trip too and nearly identical plans! Have a magical time and please Hi if you spot us
Old 20 May 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow, 21 nights will be awesome. What a fabulous adventure! I love the throwback photos, how cute.

I'd love to stay at HRH sometime, it looks amazing in other people's trip reports and what's not to like about cocktails around the pool

Voodoo donuts looks yummy I'm not surprised you've already made your choices.

The space in a villa will be great and even though it will be different to your onsite experience I'm sure you will love it.

I love the premier inn for the night before, but I've been really dithering about it as the car parking is only up to 15 nights...what have you done about this? Have you just booked the hotel and parking separately or have you gone for the sleep, park, fly? I'd love to see what you've done as it's the last thing that I need to book up.
Hi Abbey, thanks for reading along with my pre-trippe

The Hard Rock is definitely our favourite hotel. We've even discussed the possibility of not doing Disney one year and just staying at the Hard Rock doing Universal and other bits I know you didn't do Disney last year, how was that?

We love the villa, its our second home Every year we've done split stays, so started off at a Disney hotel and then moved on to the villa but this year we've decided to stay in the villa the whole time. Can't wait to get back there!

Yes, i booked the Premier Inn and car parking separately as we are away for 22 nights. I booked parking directly with Gatwick official parking and got a great deal. I booked when they were offering 25% off and I paid £115 for valet parking, which i was very happy with for 3 weeks. They also do long stay parking where you get a shuttle bus so don't know if that is maybe slightly cheaper?

We have done the sleep, park, fly before with the Premier Inn and it worked out 16 nights. So as the parking was included for 15 nights you have to pay £10 for every additional night. We told them what day we was flying back on when we dropped the car off and had to pay them £10. It was very easy to do.

Good luck

x
Old 20 May 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Mobile

Your welcome. We prefer dinner but it really depends if you prefer to eat a big meal in the day or not. We prefer to snack during the day and went in there just for ice creams and milkshakes.

This is the only picture i could find...

That is the best chocolate milkshake I've ever tasted! Although it took 3 of us to finish it!

You can't make reservations at Toothsome but as your staying at the Hard Rock Hotel you get priority seating
My god that milkshake. My daughter just saw it and nearly fell off her chair. We were looking for something for a treat for mum so we may head there. Yes we prefer to snack during the day and have meal later. Thanks again.
gazzastag is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gazzastag View Post
My god that milkshake. My daughter just saw it and nearly fell off her chair. We were looking for something for a treat for mum so we may head there. Yes we prefer to snack during the day and have meal later. Thanks again.
Ha Ha! I bet she did and they are even bigger in real life! I will take lots more photo's this year for my trip report

Happy planning
Old 22 May 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hi Abbey, thanks for reading along with my pre-trippe

The Hard Rock is definitely our favourite hotel. We've even discussed the possibility of not doing Disney one year and just staying at the Hard Rock doing Universal and other bits I know you didn't do Disney last year, how was that?

We love the villa, its our second home Every year we've done split stays, so started off at a Disney hotel and then moved on to the villa but this year we've decided to stay in the villa the whole time. Can't wait to get back there!

Yes, i booked the Premier Inn and car parking separately as we are away for 22 nights. I booked parking directly with Gatwick official parking and got a great deal. I booked when they were offering 25% off and I paid £115 for valet parking, which i was very happy with for 3 weeks. They also do long stay parking where you get a shuttle bus so don't know if that is maybe slightly cheaper?

We have done the sleep, park, fly before with the Premier Inn and it worked out 16 nights. So as the parking was included for 15 nights you have to pay £10 for every additional night. We told them what day we was flying back on when we dropped the car off and had to pay them £10. It was very easy to do.

Good luck

x
Hmm, not doing Disney, but being in Orlando was a bit weird. I wanted to have a break as DH likes to go elsewhere and he would prefer to not go every year, or even every other year.

We really had a fab holiday in 2017, and I would consider it again if we did another split stay and wanted to visit a different city in the US. We had the 5 days in NYC and then just 9 days in Orlando so we (ok, it was just me really!) wanted to fit in other stuff in Orlando and I knew that only a couple of Disney days wouldn't be enough for me. It's a bit of cutting my nose off to spite my face and the idea that if I can't do it properly I don't want to do it at all.

So, in Orlando we had a day each at Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Aquatica and Volcano Bay then 4 days for both the unviversal parks and citywalk. I know that's only 8 days, but I'm not counting the travel home day! Anyway, it was brilliant and we really enjoyed our I drive stay as we got to go to so many fab restaurants. I know other Dibbers have done DS or wdw resorts to get a fix, when not going to the wdw parks, but I didn't want to as I thought this would make it worse to actually see Disney and not go in.

I also think it made it easier at the time knowing we'd be back in 2018. I'd already booked up this year's holiday and so I knew that we'd be returning to wdw in as I had already paid the deposit so it made it easier to resist.

Thanks for the info about your parking in the past with premier. I think I will go for it again this year as it's so easy and pretty cheap. It's great to know it wasn't extortionate to add the extra days on.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List