Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 30 Jul 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
bashie
I have Ears

Booking two rooms with free dining at POR

My wife and I are considering booking a 14 night stay at POR for our family next summer based on the availability of a free QS dining plan.

We have stayed for a few nights at POR in the past, but normally move to an offsite condo for the remainder of our stay, squeezing DD19, DD16 and DS11 into a single room with my wife and I is going to cause problems unbecoming to a relaxing vacation.

A solution to this could be booking two rooms, however I feel we might be better booking 5 of us into a single room now and taking advantage of the free QS dining plan, and later book a second room when room only discounts are available.

Finally linking these reservations and requesting adjoining rooms.

Would there be any problems with this approach?

Thanks.
bashie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First visit to Old Key West
Unread 30 Jul 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would say the issues are that you wouldnt be guaranteed adjoining rooms and that theres no guarantee of a room discount of any kind and even if there is that POR would be included. The PO resorts are often excluded from offers or have at best 1 night free per 7. That wouldnt be worth as much as free dining.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Where are we staying in 2020?
Unread 30 Jul 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Excited about Disney

Im not sure about booking one room and adding another - I guess its taking the chance that there will be availability when youre ready to book the second room. You cant book standard rooms either with free dining - only garden view and the royal rooms come with the free QSDP.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 30 Jul 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I didnt really understand the bit about the condo. But otherwise I believe you mean book now, get dining plan for you all being in one room, then book the other room later when free nights is on as you already have doing plan for everyone.

Seems ok in theory, but the concern I would have would be over availability of any further POR rooms, never mind adjoining ones.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Unread 30 Jul 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We've booked pofq for 2 weeks next summer for 3 of us, got the free dining etc. Our older DD then asked to come so that was fine But then boyfriend wanted to come which meant a separate bookingas couldn't fit us all in!
Our solution was we kept our booking and she booked hers for same dates and resort. Big bonus for them is the extra $200 gift card and free dining. . We'll ask for connecting rooms if poss, but happy if same block.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Roll on August to WDW
Unread 30 Jul 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I think when you book the second room you also have to allocate at least one person to that room and then you would probably lose the free dinning for that person - I believe people can only be allocated to one room at a time.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Oct 2020! Yacht Club!
Unread 30 Jul 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
bashie
I have Ears

Thanks for the responses, the adjoining rooms isnt a concern to me, rather trying to combine free dining now with a room only discount later.

From your replies I feel Im overthinking this trying to shave a few pounds off the package.

Travelling as a party of 5 is a little awkward, the 5th sleeper is a squeeze for us, and taking a second room right now means doubling the per night cost from 250 per night to 500 per night for 14 nights

As someone that has stayed off site many times I keep telling myself that its worth it for the experience, then I look at the bottom line and wonder whether we can squeeze into a single room.
bashie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First visit to Old Key West
Unread 30 Jul 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
I think when you book the second room you also have to allocate at least one person to that room and then you would probably lose the free dinning for that person - I believe people can only be allocated to one room at a time.
You can be on more than 1 booking. We currently have 2 separate bookings where DW is in 2 rooms at the same time. Disney has no way of knowing if it is the same person. Disney won't care as long as you pay the money.

Next Trip Sept '19
Jun 98 Apr 99 Dec 99 Apr 00 Mar 03 Jun/Jul 04 Dec/Jan 05/06 Jul 06 Dec 06 Jun/Jul 08 Jun/Jul 09 Jul/Aug 11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov 15 Villa/GF/Poly Sep 16 Villa/BWV May'18 Villa/BLT/AKL
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
APs in hand.. Back for Rise of the Resistance