Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 12, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Smurfck
Excited about Disney

Hrh for 1 night?

Hi we are going for 2 weeks in sept and staying at the radisson I drive.
My dh & ds are going to hhn on fri 21/9 so instead of them getting lost on their way back I thought we could book the hard rock hotel at universal take advantage of the fp's for the 2 days and me & dd4 can chill out at night while the other 2 are being scared out their skin.
Do you think the hard rock is worth it for 1 night?
Smurfck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

I would say definitely - the pool area is great and it is so convenient to walk along to the parks. The early entry for Harry Potter is also excellent as it means you get in ahead of the main crowds

We are going in October and plan to do two nights there so that the teenagers can go to HHN.

The FLP's are great but you can't use them for HHN, you have to buy separate ones for that.
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sparks1
Apprentice Imagineer

Another thumbs up! The HRH is fab and well worth a stay for the express passes alone. We've done Universal without the express passes once and it was a really long day with aching feet from queuing. The second time we went we stayed at HRH and had the express passes and the difference was immeasurable! We went on all the rides as many times as we liked and still had time left over in the afternoon for a swim!
I think you should go for it!

2008 - POR, 2010 - OKW & HRH, 2012 - OKW & HRH, 2013 - SSR, 2014 - OKW & HRH, 2015 - SSR, YCR & PBH, 2016 - OKW & Disney Dream, 2017 - OKW & PBH, 2018 - AKL
sparks1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
katiexlou
Apprentice Imagineer

I say go for it! I've been really tempted to book something similar. And yay for someone else going to HHN on that night!
Old 26 Jul 12, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
challybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

we have booked 2 nights at hrh at the end of our holiday as dh and the kids are universal mad and the cost of the express passes for 5 of us for 3 days works out over £150 more than staying at the hotel for 2 nights
Old 26 Jul 12, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

I'm doing this for my holiday next year , reading peoples TR's it seems like a really good idea, I'd say go for it

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 12, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
3Lions
Apprentice Imagineer

We've done this. Totally worth it for fotl and just for being close to the park once you are done for the day or even want a break in the afternoon. Make sure you get there for no later than 07:30 on check-in day. Your room may not be ready, but you can get your passes which means you go straight to the park for early opening. You basically get two early openings for the price of one and all that lovely fotl for two days. With Universal's fast passes the price they are, it's a no-brainer.
3Lions is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 12, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds a good plan to me. It s what we do
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 12, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread