Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 12, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

OMG i can understand completely why you are stressing about it, i honestly dont think i could sleep for worrying. agree get the MC involved and they will sort it out
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ufm
VIP Dibber

ufm's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
We had some bugs last time we were in a villa at indian creek. It's a little off-putting but its 'part of life' in florida as we were told. A good can of RAID will help for sure. I ended up chasing one round the kitchen with an orange in one hand and a can of hairspray in another haha! I won in the end :-) Try to forget about them and enjoy yourself, it will get sorted.
2012 Going DIY for a try :-) Trip Report
2010 Indian Creek Villa - Trip Report
2008/Enclave Suites 2007/Ramada IDrive
ufm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for the advice. On our way back to the villa in half an hour. MC been in touch and told us a new air con has been installed so looking forward to hopefully a good nights sleep, as long as the blooming things don't crawl onto my bed sending DH to Walmart first thing for a tin of Raid and I'll let him or kids catch them
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Midsummer
Imagineer

It could be that with workmen in the house that the front door has been left open more than it should have been and the bugs have come in that way. Normally any bugs that get into the house die very quickly if the house has been sprayed regularly. As others have said and you have already done tell the MC and I am sure it will be sorted out.

Really if you don't like bugs the advice from me is don't got to Florida as they are everywhere. I have seen many large 'bugs' while walking around the Parks.
Midsummer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
doradaxplorer
Imagineer

doradaxplorer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 21
We were plagued with cockroaches on our first villa rental in 2001, we had a package holiday (our last) they told us it had been sprayed but we had baby cockroaches every day of our holiday, I would never put up with it again, asked to be moved its not the first problem you have had, another thing is you don't want to stay where chemicals have been sprayed it's not healthy. It sounds like you have a infestation, i would defently move .
You are only on holiday for a couple of weeks don't let it be spoilt by this, I know how you must feel, the worse is they come out when the lights are off so my imagination used to work overtime when we used to go to bed. Your management company won't mind they want you to be happy. Also someone said they might be Palmetto bugs but arent they a type of Cockroach?
doradaxplorer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

You did the right thing calling the management company, and they seem to have responded promptly. Dead bugs means that the pest control is working! - keep doors and windows closed to keep out any more.
Old 25 Jul 12, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
As people have said if you are seeing dead ones the pest control is working - still not nice though
Good luck
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

The largest cockroach I have ever seen in my life was in Vegas at the Mirage hotel. it must have been 3 inches in length. Like something out of Sci Fi movie.
Old 25 Jul 12, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
New air con been fitted, temp is 74 degrees, bliss . No sign of any bugs since we arrived back at the villa last night. Went to Walmart earlier and bought 2 cans of Raid and sprayed round the lanai and around door frames. So far so good. We have quite a lot of small bugs (dead) around the lanai but we had noticed the net had come away at one point so this has been fixed too. These are like round beetles and stick to the pool net when fished out. I realise we will get some bugs but wasn't expecting as many as we encountered. I don't mind seeing them in the parks or on sidewalks, etc. it's when they run behind my bed that freaks me out. I had a quick look at American cockroaches on the Internet there and I think thats what it was. About 2 inches

Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
The largest cockroach I have ever seen in my life was in Vegas at the Mirage hotel. it must have been 3 inches in length. Like something out of Sci Fi movie.
Just noticed your countdown. You'll love Loch Tay. JK Rowling has a nice country house on the hillside just outside Aberfeldy
Closed Thread