Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 12, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
alexf86
Getting Excited

:) Springhill Suites LBV

Hi,

I have booked to stay here next May with Thomsons.

I have emaield them direct to get a timetable for the shuttles to diseny. They only run in a morning and evening.

We have so far not hired a car (may consider it) so if we fancy going back to the hotel at mid day if son (5yr) is tired, what will be the easiest/cheepest way to do this?

ALso has anyone stayed here?

X
alexf86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

We've stayed here on the last 2 visits without a car and can't think of any problems at all, unless you count our balcony upgrade last year, about 6ft by 1ft with a view of the car park. but beggars can't be choosers.
From memory (which isn't very good) the shuttles left 3 times on a morning, there were mini buses and they divided people up as to where you were going so you were usually pretty quick to the parks.
They seemed to be quite regular on a night from about 5pm onwards and we used them a couple of times, but we have for most of our trips took a taxi back from the parks, probably $15-20ish and we think worth it after a fun busy day. You book the morning shuttle the day before at a desk in reception and tell the driver which one you want to return on, you can ring them if you change your mind during the day.
We've been going since dd's were 7 and 3 and never felt the need to come back to the hotel early, take a change of clothes and if they start to flag chuck them under some water (there's fountains/water areas in the parks) then give them a sugar boost (cupcake, ice cream, both). I should add we never go for rope drop or anything, our GC breakfast is far too important, you can't go off enjoying yourself without some bread and butter pudding and a trip to the chocolate fountain. However, the easiest way back would be by taxi, the cheapest, an hour or 2 on the Lynx via Sea World to Premium Outlets and then a 15 minute walk.
We've always stayed off-site (6 different places) and this is our favourite, but we're more Disney than Universal. It isn't an easy trip to Universal without a car, approx $55 return by taxi or a walk/lynx/walk trip for which you'll probably need to take a packed lunch and an emergency survival pack incase you need to bivvy overnight.
There's half a dozen good eating places very nearby and more at the Crossroads which is about 15 minutes walk along a busy road with a couple of careful but very do-able crossings.

Enjoy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
alexf86
Getting Excited

Thank you for the info... always read varying review on how close to things it is for eatign out.

So deff doable without a car the Hubby will be please he really doesnt want to drive.

What about the disney water parks i see the shuttle only do the 4 main parks is it taxi to them also?x
alexf86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

When we stayed at the one on universal boulevard the bus dropped us off in a car park beside Epcot I think it was and you used to different types of transportation to go to the park you wanted to. This was also the pick up point. Never found the need to come away early with our 6 yr old. We were a bit luckier because originally booked into another hotel that done transport to all hotels and since springhill suited didn't do transport to Universal we got vouchers to use mears , which generally meant we were the only ones picked up and didn't have to make specific times. Must say loved the 1 we were in. Like your husband mines doesn't like to drive, so we just book a shopping trip and do it in 1 day
jordanski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by alexf86 View Post
Thank you for the info... always read varying review on how close to things it is for eatign out.

So deff doable without a car the Hubby will be please he really doesnt want to drive.

What about the disney water parks i see the shuttle only do the 4 main parks is it taxi to them also?x
Within 5 mins walk there is Golden Corral, Bahama Breeze, Barrabbas Italian Grill, a seafood place, a steak house and a very nice fast food chicken burger type place (possibly Chick-fil-a). Crossroads has at least 10 food places including the fantastic Fuddruckers and DTD is only a $15 taxi ride away. There must be some fussy reviewers out there.

The car hirers will tell you different, but we've had 8 great trips without having to think which lane I need to be in or which of these 20000 cars in the car park is mine

The easiest and quickest way is always by taxi, but as jordanski says, get the shuttle to a park and then use the WDW buses to get you to the water park, you can use them for free if you have a WDW pass although we've never been asked. There's a little bit of a guide here, sorry if I shouldn't post it and I once read on here you can get it as an app, if that means anything to you

ourlaughingplace/aspx/twiz.aspx
Old 25 Jul 12, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Stayed there last year loved it we up graded to a balcony room to be honest it was handy for drying washing as we were there for 3weeks ,lovely clean rooms ,pool to ourselves most of the time

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
handy for drying washing
How did I forget, that's exactly what the oh said when we got our upgrade. Forgive me, I'm a blue eared dibber.
Old 25 Jul 12, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
alexf86
Getting Excited

Thanks for the link will deff be downlaoding the app when i get home.

Will have to try get an upgrade to balcony be nice if the little one is asleep to sit out with a bottle! ,or yeah and the washing

thanks for all the info feeling very excited about the whole thing even if there is 10 months to go.
x
Old 25 Jul 12, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by alexf86 View Post
Will have to try get an upgrade to balcony be nice if the little one is asleep to sit out with a bottle! ,or yeah and the washing

thanks for all the info feeling very excited about the whole thing even if there is 10 months to go.
x
In that case, send hubby out the front doors, past the shuttle pick up, through bahama breeze car park, over the road (watch the water sprinklers) down the path beside the highway and in 5 minutes he'll be at a gas station which sells groceries and a good selection of "bottles!".

Be excited, be very excited.
Old 25 Jul 12, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread