Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 13 Apr 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Your plans sound amazing! You'll need another holiday when you get back to recover!

All the restaurant choices sound lush. I'm sure Olly and Ben will be pleased they have you to guide them through as well
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 16, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Well folks the honeymoon is booked!

When it came through on the Dibb on Wednesday night that free dining had been released on the website, I screamed with excitement, ran downstairs to tell Neil and grabbed my laptop. I logged onto Top Cash Back and booked. I was just too excited to wait for any other quotes!

That being said, I've requested a lot and none have come through yet and I couldn't possibly have waited anyway!

So we have booked:

11 nights at Port Orleans Riverside in a King Room with Deluxe Dining.

When the quotes came through, Saratoga Springs was £90 cheaper. And Coronado Springs was £300 cheaper. I went down to tell Neil before I booked in case he was swayed by either of the cheaper quotes but he wasn't.

He really wants that boat to Disney Springs. And he knew I wouldn't be happy with the theming at SSR. He finished off with 'It's our honeymoon. We are not skimping. We're booking Port Orleans.'

So that's what we've done!

So excited! Hoping to get Olly and Ben booked before the weekend is over!

Then the hunt for flights begins!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
All booked up for Florida

As shared last week, we have booked our honeymoon at Port Orleans Riverside. Much to our delight, our friends have also booked. Naturally, I have taken full control of their booking But they were happy for me to do that, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Committed a faux pas with the Save the Dates

As you know, I sent our 'Save the Date' cards out at Christmas time. I sent them to people who we would send Christmas cards to. I didn't send them to Neil's family who live in Buckinghamshire. However, they all know when the wedding is anyway as we've spoken with them, at length about it. I also contacted them in January (on Neil's Mum's request) about their accommodation arrangements, to make sure that they were able to get in somewhere nearby.

The Fleece only has five bedrooms (and one of those is going to be for us) so there wouldn't be room for them all to stay over. Hence the reason for the email.

But, I didn't send them a 'Save the Date.' I didn't think I needed to. But I did. Sigh. So I've sent those this last week.

Oh and Neil's parents' family friends, who Neil wasn't keen on inviting in the first place... they have to now be invited. And so I've had to send them one as well. So that went to them... yesterday.

Having a slight stress about invites...

In February, we were contacted by the Fleece asking if we wanted to go for our wedding tasting in August. I had envisaged a meeting with the venue before this, to tell you the truth, as I wanted to send out our invitations in June, with the menu all sorted and included in the invitations.

So then, given the fact that we were going to the tasting in August, I rejigged when I was going to do the invites and planned to send them in August after the tasting. Again, so I could include information that we'd discussed in the meeting. Such as timings of the day, menu etc.

I emailed the Fleece yesterday asking a few general questions about decorations and casually asked when they needed the final balance and numbers. Apparently, they need numbers and the balance on that August weekend. I'm sure I must have it written down somewhere but it was a bit of a surprise. It's not a problem in terms of money as we have that saved already but I was more thinking... oh gosh. We better send out invites. Like next month.

We'll need them in by the end of July as the meeting is the first weekend in August.

It's ironic really, as I originally wanted to send them in June. But this sudden change has sparked me sending a series of slightly panicky emails to the Fleece, asking what time everything is going to happen. Wedding Breakfast (how long does it take) Speeches, when should we cut the cake, when should we start the evening do? When should the first dance be, that sort of stuff.

And then I was like... oh my god. We're actually getting married. It's all become so real for me tonight.

I've also emailed Bertie's about layout for the ceremony. They seem a lot more 'with it' than the Fleece. It's quite irritated me that I've always spoken with Harriet, who is the assistant up at the Fleece, as opposed to Emma, who is meant to be our wedding planner . Is that just me being a bridezilla? Maybe

The dress is in my possession again

The Clean Inn in Menston have been absolutely first class. I genuinely can't fault them. If anyone on here needs their dress cleaning, I cannot recommend them enough.

They treated my dress with so much care, I swear, you would have though it was a new born baby The guy even carried it to the car for me. To be fair, it is pretty heavy Now, it's living in the spare room again until I take it back to Silsden. Which is a bit of a trek...

Pressies...

I've bought some earrings for the girls... which go with the bracelets I bought back in January...think they will go really well with our sparkly bridesmaids dresses.

What do you guys think? I think they're really beautiful and I hope the girls like them

And these... the creme de la creme! I ordered these a while ago from 'All That Glitters' on Etsy. (As well as my bridal hoodie from Fairytale Sparkler) How AMAZING are these? Each of them have the girl's favourite Disney character on them.

Anyway, wish me luck with the invitations, I have a feeling that bridezilla is surfacing as we're getting a little bit close now...

Edited at 06:44 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Love love love those glasses! Gotta love Etsy, you find all sorts of amazing things on there.

I've still got save the dates I haven't sent out yet...not much point now! But you loose track don't you.

Not long to go now, so exciting!
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hello all-

Just after a bit of advice...

After the invitation deadline bombshell last week, the invites are now fully stuffed. I'm waiting for some cream labels to seal the actual invitations with and then we should be good to go!

Also ordered the dome and rose for the cake, the cufflinks and I think I've ordered the flower girl wands too! Can't remember really! Just put an order through for my basket on Ebay!

Anyway, as invites are nearly done and ready to send, I thought I would do something that I have been putting off because I didn't want to do it... message my ex.

I think I wrote on here just after Christmas about my ex. This ex was my first love. We were together for two and a half years. He cheated on me and I was, at the time, devastated. He and his girlfriend now live together in Oxford. We see them maybe once or twice a year. He is, however, still a part of our large home friendship group.

Neil and I chatted about inviting him to the wedding and decided on the night do. Firstly, if I'm honest, I think it's a bit weird to invite an ex to your wedding and secondly, even though things are fine between us now, I genuinely think my Mum, Dad and overly protective Uncles would be a bit funny with him if they saw him at the wedding. They probably wouldn't say anything but I don't know, you know when you just know... And I don't want him to feel uncomfortable.

So I've messaged him with words to that effect...

"Hi (insert name here)

Hope you and (girlfriend's name here) are both well! You look to have been on some lovely holidays in the last six months!

Sorry for messaging you over Facebook, not sure if I still have your phone number after all this time!

I just wanted to send you a quick message about mine and Neil's wedding. We are getting married in November (Bonfire night to be precise)

Neil and I have had a chat and we hoped it would be all right if you and Alice would come along to the night do? I obviously have a proper invitation for you, this message isn't your invite (! )

I wouldn't mind to have you there for the whole thing but even though it's been ages and obviously everything is fine between us now, I'm not sure my Mum, Dad and Uncles would be so fine about it, and I really really don't want you to feel uncomfortable.

Would that be all right? Really hope so We would genuinely love to see you both there xxx"

Do you guys think this message is all right? Sorry, looking for neutral eyes haha. I've sent it anyway but now I'm uber paranoid that I will have upset him. God I hate this part of weddings!
Old 3 May 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Hi lovely! Sorry I haven't commented on your updates but I'm all caught up now! So pleased you've booked your honeymoon Let the planning actually commence, even though I know you've known what you'll be doing for quite some time haha!

LOVE those glasses! They are so so cute, and the jewellery. Your friends are very lucky and I'm sure they'll love them!

I think that emails fine - I'll be honest though, if I was at all unsure about anyone coming to my wedding I probably wouldn't invite them! It's your day and you should be 100% happy and not worrying about any drama or anyone else I know it's super tricky and I understand if it would be weird not to invite him. Hopefully he'll be cool about it, msg you back and you can put it out of your mind

Hope all the planning is going swimmingly! xxxxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 16, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

That message seems fine to me!
Old 3 May 16, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by oh_darling View Post
Hi lovely! Sorry I haven't commented on your updates but I'm all caught up now! So pleased you've booked your honeymoon Let the planning actually commence, even though I know you've known what you'll be doing for quite some time haha!

LOVE those glasses! They are so so cute, and the jewellery. Your friends are very lucky and I'm sure they'll love them!

I think that emails fine - I'll be honest though, if I was at all unsure about anyone coming to my wedding I probably wouldn't invite them! It's your day and you should be 100% happy and not worrying about any drama or anyone else I know it's super tricky and I understand if it would be weird not to invite him. Hopefully he'll be cool about it, msg you back and you can put it out of your mind

Hope all the planning is going swimmingly! xxxxxx
Hi girls! Thank you for your reassurance.

The message was actually fine. He messaged me back this morning and was lovely about it all BUT he and his girlfriend won't be coming anyway because they're apparently moving to Germany on the 1st November.

He hasn't told anyone else - even his parents - so I have to keep it under my hat for now!

Feel so much better about the whole thing now though. No ex awkwardness to speak of! Phew!

ALSO, hot off the press, I've just booked our flights and I've got a right deal!

Manchester to New York with extra leg room £579.98 for both of us!
Orlando to Manchester - Premium Economy - £599.98 for both of us!

I am so thrilled, I've never had ANY kind of upgraded flight before in my life
Old 4 May 16, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Wow, those flight prices are amazing

(Not long until your wedding now )
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 16, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

How exciting! Your honeymoon is going to be amazing!

Sounds like it's all worked out for the best with your ex, another thing to not have to worry about!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List