Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jun 14, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Refillable mugs again

Just a query about the refillable mugs. We bought a mug in May and would like to have the refill option again for our trip in September. Instead of having a brand new mug each time, is there an option to re-use your old (RFID style) mug and pay for length of stay on it (i.e. have chip reactivated)? Seems a bit wasteful having mug after mug after mug...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 14, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
No, you can't re-use old resort mugs, whether you pay or not. If you're paying full whack anyway you might as well have a new mug! They do a new design each year.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 14, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
miss lumpy
Excited about Disney

re-fillable mugs

sorry I dont have an answer to your question, but could I ask you a few questions about how your mugs worked when you went in may?

I know they have a bar code on them but is there a time limit between drinks Iv'e read somewhere that it will dispense one then you have to wait 10min before you can go again is that correct?

what if you want to try a flavour and realise you dont like it do you have to wait.

can you still get cold water from the drink stations?
and most importantly do they still have the HOT CHOCOLATE and if yes is it still has yummy

thanks
how lucky are you to be going twice in one year

Edited at 08:52 PM.
miss lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 14, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairygothmum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by miss lumpy View Post
sorry I dont have an answer to your question, but could I ask you a few questions about how your mugs worked when you went in may?

I know they have a bar code on them but is there a time limit between drinks Iv'e read somewhere that it will dispense one then you have to wait 10min before you can go again is that correct?

what if you want to try a flavour and realise you dont like it do you have to wait.

and most importantly do they still have the HOT CHOCOLATE and if yes is it still has yummy

thanks
Yes you have to wait for a refill, but it's not 10mins it is at most 2mins 30secs and yes unfortunately even if you don't like the flavour you have to wait till you can refill it.

you can still get cold water from the stations and they do still do hot chocolate but I don't know if they have changed the recipe because all my information comes from my friend who came back last week and updated me on the changes

hope this helps
Old 24 Jun 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I've read you can re-use your RFID mug Hayley at the same price as new though. They just re-activate the chip inside.
Old 24 Jun 14, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by miss lumpy View Post

thanks
I got half and half Fanta and Sprite for DS, you only have to wait once you reach the refill limit.

I took a drink out of my mug then continued refilling it. We found they worked well for us.
Old 25 Jun 14, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FantasiaLady
slightly serious Dibber

Can I ask a question about the mugs? When you get it from the food court, do you just tell them how long you want it to be activated for?

I ask because we are in CBR for 5 nights, then we check out and back in again for 1 more night! It's gone in as two separate stays due to me having to change our dates. The Expedia deal I got meant I couldn't make changes so I had to add the extra night as a new booking.

I don't want the mug to deactivate then have to buy new ones for a single night. Like the OP says, it seems like a waste.
Old 25 Jun 14, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Yes, you just tell them length of stay, that usually covers 10 days I think. I had ours extended to our full length of stay which was 17 days. I just had to make sure I kept our receipt safe to show them. We had two different Resorts as well.
Old 25 Jun 14, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Yes, you just tell them length of stay, that usually covers 10 days I think. I had ours extended to our full length of stay which was 17 days. I just had to make sure I kept our receipt safe to show them. We had two different Resorts as well.
That's great! We are at boardwalk now and then move to AKV then SSR and weren't sure if it would really work.
Old 25 Jun 14, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
onlyholly
Imagineer

We are here now at our third resort and refill mugs are working well. I activated mine on the 15th June and it's valid for length of stay (4 weeks) and expires 13th July. I believe I may have to have the mug re activated after 2 weeks, and have receipt but its registered on my Magic Band anyway. After a week my mug started to leak and they exchanged it no problem . Grand Floridian refill station is open 24 hours and have an extra special coffee machine that serves latte, cappuccino & espresso We noticed that the GF refill station water button served soda water! not still. Boardwalk refill station is at the Bakery and opens at 6:30am. BLT refill station is at the Contemporary Resort Contempo Cafe and open 24 hours for refills. There is a refill station at the BLT pool and the Contemporary pool hole in the wall snack bar will give you a cup of soda when you show your mug. Not sure of the opening times at other resorts. The value of the refill mug during our current trip is phenomenal and it paid for itself on our second day.

Catriona
onlyholly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread