Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jul 15, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Bruges

Has anyone ever been on a mini cruise to Bruges. Thinking of going with the kids in either October or April.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Not been on a mini cruise but have visited Bruges earlier this year en route to DLP. We had 2 nights there and thought it was a beautiful place, we didn't find anything for the kids though except sightseeing but our youngest dd is 11 so it didn't matter.
I hope someone comes along to answer your question shortly, i'm sure you'll love it
P.s have you seen the film 'In Brugge' great film if you don't mind bad language and you get to see lots of the sights
Old 20 Jul 15, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
angelheart
Excited about Disney

went on a mini cruise when DS was 13, we loved Bruges but the mini cruise wasn't for us.
Disney 2021
angelheart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

If it's a two day P&O mini cruise my only word of warning would that these aren't like normal cruises. They tend to be booze cruises with lots of big parties of hen/stags/birthdays and having done a couple I probably wouldn't do with my kids. They actually take you to zeebrugge so you need to pay for an excursion to Bruges or take the shuttle bus to the next town and get a train and then walk into Bruges.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The ones I've looked at include a coach from the port to Bruges & back again so that wouldn't be an issue. Might have to re-think though if they're full of drunken groups!
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
The ones I've looked at include a coach from the port to Bruges & back again so that wouldn't be an issue. Might have to re-think though if they're full of drunken groups!
Which cruise line are you looking at? That might affect what it's like, e.g. You're unlikely to get lots of drunken parties on Fred Olsen. The three and four night cruises tend to be a bit calmer. I've had a great time on weekenders but they have been 'lively'.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
miss lumpy
Excited about Disney

Been on a few of these p & o mini cruises to bruges and Amsterdam.
I have to say that the bruges one was much nicer, there wasn't any rowdy behaviour like you sometimes get on the Amsterdam ones. It's bunk bed style though so be prepared for someone to sleep on top,
a shuttle bus was included into bruges town which was lovely to walk around
be sure to try some of their special chips with mayo ( absolutely delicious)
We took some food and booze on board (too tight to pay for the resteraunt) but they are clamping down on that now. We found if you do take something to eat or drink on board with you and you go through security be sure to put it in the case of the second person they usually ask the first person (if you are a coupke) to open there case.
The ship was much nicer than I thought it was going to be and we originally used the trip as a try out on the water to go on a proper cruise which is in 7wks time

you will have a really nice time I'm sure, there are lots of lovely shops and sights to see

Edited at 09:18 PM.
miss lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It is with P&O, one of their mini cruises. Wouldn't take the kids to Amsterdam, but quite like the look of Bruges.
Old 20 Jul 15, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Ah we might be talking at cross purposes here. Do you mean a ferry break or a cruise break? I have been talking about the latter. I have no idea what P&O ferry breaks are like., so you might be able to ignore everything I've said. P&O cruises and P&O ferries completely different companies - cruises go from Southampton.

Edited at 09:21 PM.
Old 20 Jul 15, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Its a 2 night P&O mini cruise from Hull. Boarding at tea time, travelling overnight & arriving in Bruges the following morning. Leaves again the sane night, back in Hull the next morning.

Just thought it would be something different.
Closed Thread