Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 15, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

We fly air France but surprisingly just got through to KLM and they have cancelled for us and are giving us a voucher to be used within the next year.
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Sorry to hear this... unfortunately as I said earlier... These things have got exactly what they wanted.
I agree and I hate myself for being a coward. I can't take my daughter there though. Not coupled with the dreams I've been having recently about something happening whilst we're there. I'm 99.9% sure nothing will happen over the next few days but I'm not willing to take that chance.

Edited at 11:44 PM.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

I'm due to fly out on Friday for 3 nights and am currently in the "I have no idea what to do" situation. Both my parents and grandparents (especially my grandad) are panicking about me and my fiance going.

I booked through Expedia and checked their website which states not to contact them unless you're flying in the next 48 hours, so a bit stuck now really
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Can imagine... sorry to hear.

Think there should have been an announcement much much earlier to allow ppl to try and arrange travel home today if need be.

Not much point being there now...
I agree with this.

And whilst everything that's happened is horrific and I can't imagine how those involved feel.. I can't really see what shutting Disney for 4 days will achieve.

I can understand it today..but till Wednesday? If it were for security reasons then I could fully understand it... but this is surely just giving into the scumbags who want to disrupt our daily lives.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Whilst inconvenient 3 days mourning is a traditional French/European response. At the end of the day safety is paramount with the beliefs of the country a close second. Stand strong with Paris as we would expect they would with any uk city.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Can imagine... sorry to hear.

Think there should have been an announcement much much earlier to allow ppl to try and arrange travel home today if need be.

Not much point being there now...
That's what I think. I totally understand but wonder why they didn't announce it before it was too late on a Saturday to make alternative arrangements.
Old 15 Nov 15, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by LISAM View Post
That's what I think. I totally understand but wonder why they didn't announce it before it was too late on a Saturday to make alternative arrangements.
Exactly...

Although As mentioned... DW travelled out late yesterday, and flies home tmrw evening. All for what... Disney village for 2 days.

Had this '3 day mourning' been announced earlier there is a possibility she could have been home by now. Safe.

I know things could have been worse, and thoughts are with those where it was. But surely either this 3 day tradition is well known, or they believe there is a security risk... And they would have know this much much earlier. So why not make the announcement then.

Edited at 12:27 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1901
slightly serious Dibber

I bought buffalo bill tickets for tomorrow night via ticketmaster.fr. We were due to leave tomorrow but as the parks are closed we are no longer going. Does anyone know if the buffalo bill show will be going ahead? The ticketmaster website only says it will refund if it is cancelled.

Thanks,
Old 15 Nov 15, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by stu1901 View Post
I bought buffalo bill tickets for tomorrow night via ticketmaster.fr. We were due to leave tomorrow but as the parks are closed we are no longer going. Does anyone know if the buffalo bill show will be going ahead? The ticketmaster website only says it will refund if it is cancelled.

Thanks,
Buffalo bill show was on this evening. Sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear.
Old 15 Nov 15, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1901
slightly serious Dibber

Buffalo bill show was on this evening. Sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear.
Thanks for letting me know