Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 Feb 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just phoned the Rays and they gave me a link to buy the tickets through friends and family

Happy days!

We have our tickets, we now just have to keep our fingers crossed that Soph's favourite is playing

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Been to many games at TF since their inaugural season in 1998, and never seen the place much over half full, even for Yankees games.
I usually drive down to St Pete's beach to catch some sun, then head along for the game.
My suggestion would be to try vividseats.com the day before game as season ticket holders offload unwanted tickets, or turn up at the box office on the day of the game and chose your seating area and price band.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by trampslikeus View Post
Been to many games at TF since their inaugural season in 1998, and never seen the place much over half full, even for Yankees games.
I usually drive down to St Pete's beach to catch some sun, then head along for the game.
My suggestion would be to try vividseats.com the day before game as season ticket holders offload unwanted tickets, or turn up at the box office on the day of the game and chose your seating area and price band.
What type of price would normally expect to pay for what area of the stadium?

Just been looking at the tickets for Aug 9th against Red Sox (Sunday afternoon) and a lot more expensive than I was expecting?

Also, I've heard they do family offers for Sunday games..do you know if these are released later in the season or at the same time tickets go on open sale?
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Mj1980 View Post
Hello, I am planning to watch the rays baseball game at the end of March, the ticket prices for the games I can attend are ridiculously expensive for 5 people, can anyone offer any advice please, I am thinking of having a beach day out Near Tampa and just go to the box office the day of the game and see how much the tickets are then.
Are you trying to go to a regular season game or still talking spring training?

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Are prices for tickets tiered based on oppostion? The game we want to go and watch is against the Red Sox and it appears to be way more expensive than if we watched Detroit Tigers.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by trampslikeus View Post
We went to a game against Red Sox in Sept 2008, and it was sold out... everyone appeared to be from Boston!
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
We went to a game against Red Sox in Sept 2008, and it was sold out... everyone appeared to be from Boston!
Wow, I didn't think they ever sold out. Maybe that's why tickets are more expensive.
Old 22 Feb 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lazzareo View Post
What type of price would normally expect to pay for what area of the stadium?

Just been looking at the tickets for Aug 9th against Red Sox (Sunday afternoon) and a lot more expensive than I was expecting?
Also, I've heard they do family offers for Sunday games..do you know if these are released later in the season or at the same time tickets go on open sale?
My last visit was 2018 for an evening game and we paid $20 as a walk up for upper tier tickets downfield. The box office Guy was pretty helpful advising best area to sit for our budget. I think cheapest area was $15.
Last season we went to SF Giants match and picked up lower tier seats at 3rd base for $25 inc fees of vividseats.com who I have also used for basketball and hockey games in Miami.
I would have thought that any family tickets for the game would be available at the same time as regular tickets.
From other posters it appears Boston may be a bigger draw which may affect pricing
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
A late season 2008 game against the Red Sox would have been hugely important in who won the division that year. When both teams are potential world series challengers that's always easier to sell tickets for.

The reality for the Rays now is that they continue to struggle to sell out even a reduced capacity stadium. Only Miami have had worse attendances in the last couple of years
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

While the Rays never sell out, the games against the Red Sox and Yankees are always dearer than other games at home as they are classed as premium games. While these games dont sellout they are usually the best attended every season.

Hopefully after a good season last year and a lot of promise for this year attendances might improve but I doubt they will.