Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Jan 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Looks great so far! I'm so looking forward to trying In n Out burger, got to order it 'animal style' like a local though from the not so secret menu 😂
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Well my lovelies, I have been such a good girl today...I have been well and truly adulting my little socks off. So I decided to treat myself by taking some time to write up another day.

Sunday 27/10/19

Second day of fun, it had to be a trip to California Adventure park.

My original food plan was Denny's for breakfast, snacks in the park and then Panda Express for tea (because it's tasty and cheap).

We started the day at Denny's. Just like yesterday, this restaurant was on the main road as we walked up to Disneyland, so it was really conveniently placed. We were still on UK time so it wasn't too busy when we arrived but the queue had grown by the time we left.

Oh my days...I had life changing pancakes here for breakfast. They were Cinnabon pancakes so were pancakes with hints of cinnamon and cheese frosting poured all over the top. They were literally insane and I'm fairly sure that I'm still having a sugar rush from them even though we've just entered a new decade!

Oh, just to remind you of my earlier disclaimer...I am rubbish at remembering things...you'll see what I mean when you scroll down!

Yeah...don't judge me...when you try one you'll be equally impressed with the pancakes and with me for actually having any pancakes left to photograph before I inhaled it! I also joke, I didn't inhale it...it nearly killed me...I think I became 100% sugar at one point, I almost didn't finish it...but I'm no quitter ha ha. (Sorry not sorry for the mum joke!)

Anyway, DD and DH had an All American Slam with pancakes and a Philly cheese steak omelette. They both enjoyed these, so much so that the omelette photo seems to have been consumed too!

Total price was $40.46. I had signed up as a new customer online the day before and received a 20% off discount code, which after paying the tip meant the meal came to $40.

Next was more sugar. Two of the three of us went on the Incredicoaster (DD loves rollercoasters but was still traumatised by Rockin Rollercoaster which was the first and last launch coaster she'd been on and so it took us a few days before we eventually got her on it...oh and then in true child fashion we couldn't get her off the damn thing lol!)

Anyway...all this blurb is to say that obviously the compulsory Cookie Num Num was consumed. It was better than I thought it was going to be and easily sharable. We shared it and each of us had plenty. It was exactly $6 as the price included tax.

Sorry, you can only have a photo of the receipt not the cookie because I had nipped to the toilet and they had pretty much consumed it before I got back. Not sure that I'm up to these Disney food reports, I dread to think how many more missing photos there will be by the end. It's a good job us dibbers also appreciate a receipt photo otherwise you'd have all given up reading these by now!

Anyway...corndogs for lunch from the Red Wagon. These live up to the hype. Corndogs are the Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps/Chicken Supernoodles/Greggs Sausage Roll of snacks...in the sense that they are dirty but good. And yes these hand dipped corndogs definitely fit in to the 'dirty' but oh so good food category!

We shared two between us. The meal deal came with the corn dog and a random packet of crisps...you know just in case you hadn't reached your quota of greasy carbs.

Total price for 2 corn dog meals and a large sprite was $25.94.

After all that food it was a while before we needed to eat again! We decided to pop back over to Disneyland later that day and went to see Galaxy's Edge at night...flippin epic! Love love love it! Disney in the day time is magical but at night it is something else entirely! Totally off the charts!

We headed over to Black Spire Outpost. DD didn't fancy any of the offerings so DH and I ordered a ronto wrap each and DD ordered a Meiloorun Juice. The ronto wraps were really good, a bit too much peppery gravy towards the end of mine but still really good, I'd eat one again! DD made a great choice on the drink, it was really nice, refreshing and not too sweet...nom nom nom! DH (who's a big lover of pork scratchings) had heard about the cinnamon pork scratchings aka Kyryll Sweet and so he treated himself to a packet of those. I'm not super keen but tried one and they were nice. They’re a cross between pork scratching and prawn crackers - that taste of cinnamon. He ate as much of the packet as he could manage and was quite forlorn when he threw away the remainder of them because he was so full and didn't want to carry them anymore. Total price was $41.98.

As we headed through the park DD's appetite returned and she bought a corn on the cob from one of the market stalls along the side of the path. I had a nibble and it was really good, buttery and fresh, what's not to love?!

Oh..yeah it's a corn on the cob...you can't have a picture, you'll have to use your imagination. Cost was $5.16 and I'd say it was worth it.

So there you are, second full day...I'm starting to wonder whether I should have named this trip report the 'How to fail spectacularly at the $100 a day food challenge and forget to take photos' trip report?!

Total spend for the day was $119.08. So only $20 over budget!

Spent so far:
Friday $100 (does include $50 laundry gifts to spend in Florida next August)
Saturday $122.57
Sunday $119.08 is it time to do the walk of shame yet? Maybe I'll leave that for Monday's report!

Edited at 08:23 AM.
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The pancake sounds delicious, what a great combo, and a perfect start to the day. I love your description of corn dogs, so true!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Oh my gosh those pancakes 😍 corndog looks so good too. Looking forward to reading more!
Old 11 Apr 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Hello my lovelies, long time no type.

So here we are...wondering what on earth is happening! Of course there are bigger and more pressing situations that many face during these uncertain times, however to try and find some solace and quite frankly because I actually have the time, I thought I'd write up another day of the trip.

I'll caution you to say, while there is a lot going on right now due to Covid-19 including it's impact on my family...I'm also allowing myself the space to feel sad about my impending Disney countdown date...currently at 115 days...never have I wanted a countdown to pause more than I have right now! So if I'm not as amusing as normal (if I even am on an average day) then I apologise.

Anyway...let's focus on something a little more fun!

Monday 28th October

We're back to Disneyland today. I had planned a cheap Burrito breakfast at Sabrosada which was right near our hotel (on the corner of W Katella Ave and S Harbor Blvd). Cheap and cheerful and it had good reviews. Sadly, Little Miss Muppet had assumed that the opening times were the same all week...it turns out not so much! It opens earlier at the weekends and later in the week and far too late for us getting in to the park nice and early!

Change of plan was to get something to eat in the park, not cheap but we normally stay onsite in WDW and so Mickey Waffles were calling our names. We found a restaurant in the park that sold them but they were fully booked so we booked a table for tomorrow and headed over to Jolly Holiday.

This is, in my humble opinion, a really confusing restaurant to order breakfast food in. The menus and prices and food displays didn't seem to match up. With a bit of study and a reasonable amount of common sense you could work it out but for a first timer (especially one that was conscious of not creating a huge queue behind her) I found it a little confusing...no I don't want soup with my cake, ta.

DD had a grilled cheese sandwich and some fruit, DH had an egg and bacon croissant and I had a seasonal cinnamon bundt cake..nom nom nom.

The total cost was $27.21 and it was good. Are you impressed that I remembered all of the photos...good...hold on to that because it doesn't last long!

We decided that as it wasn't as hot as it is in Florida (although it was dry so we still ended up needing a lot of water) that we weren't going to lug a park backpack around with us and we went 'au natural'. This was particularly exciting for me because I'm the one that carries around said park bag every day. The joy and freedom of walking through the no bag line was well worth a) the price of a few bottles of drink and b) what people thought as they watched me empty my pockets containing my phone and a handful of tampons!

More receipts for you because I know you love them!

Today was also the day that I got my mitts on a beignet. They were nice...I'm going to be honest I prefer a Sainsburys/Tescos sugary donut to a Morrisons powdered sugar donut and these beignets were powdered so they were fresh and tasty but powdery...just ask DH as I accidentally covered his black jeans in icing sugar...he was not amused! Final thoughts - yes if you twisted my arm I'd certainly demolish a few more but there are better calories to consume. Price was $5.38, would I normally spend 4 quid on some donuts, nope. Were they worth Ł4, nope but holiday money is different...isn't it? Would I order them again, probably.

Definitely worth mobile ordering these bad boys! There was a significant line to buy them but I popped on to the app and they were ready by the time I walked up to the window.

Dinner was at Cheesecake Factory. When we were in Texas seeing friends a couple of years ago we went out to one of the most beautiful Cheesecake restaurants ever. It totally changed my perception of what a Cheesecake Factory restaurant was like.

The restaurant wasn't quite as fancy but still similarly themed with possibly the worlds largest menu. The plan was to get some meal deals...that didn't work out. Did someone mention there was a budget?!

I had chicken marsala and mushrooms which was nice but not the best I've had. DH had chicken madeira and DD had futtucini Alfredo chicken. Portion sizes are fairly substantial and the food was nice. We were too full to eat pudding but obviously we got some to eat at the hotel.

Enough of that though...CHEESECAKE...oh yeah, that's where it's at. DD ordered a fresh strawberry cheesecake, DH went with a recommendation of the Cinnabon cinnamon swirl cheesecake and I...because I don't like cheesecake (shame shame shame ) ordered Linda's fudge cake. These were all nice...HOWEVER...this is an important public announcement - CINNABON CINNAMON SWIRL CHEESECAKE! Do it, make it happen, I don't care if you don't like cheesecake, this bad boy will turn you! It is INSANE, insane I tell you. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be there right now comfort eating one of those!

Clearly priorities and all means that I DID remember to take a photo of the food, however only the important bit!

Total price including tip was $136 oops.

Bringing our daily total to $183.09

Spent so far:
Friday $100 (does include $50 laundry gifts to spend in Florida next August)
Saturday $122.57
Sunday $119.08 is it time to do the walk of shame yet? Maybe I'll leave that for Monday's report!
Monday $183.09 did someone forget to tell the OP it was a $100 challenge?
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child

Edited at 05:45 PM.
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Brilliant day, if only we could be there right now. Ok you might have gone over budget but you are right holiday money is different. Stay safe, take care and I hope you and your family are all ok. Thank you for taking the time to entertain us. I enjoyed it.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you for your report. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
becky2203
Imagineer

becky2203's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Thanks for coming back to update. Really enjoying your report, it's nice to know we aren't the only ones who fail at a food budget!
becky2203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Great report so far. Thank you for sharing
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm enjoying your report. Thanks for carrying on with it.

I'm really hoping you went to Mimi's for breakfast. OMG I had the pumpkin spiced pancakes there a couple of years ago. My husband still makes comments about the way I sat, didn't look up once and inhaled them. I'd do that long flight just for breakfast there 😂
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List