Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 3 Jan 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Thanks Abby for a great thread and to everyone for posting - it was a nice distraction from everything going on and gave me lots of ideas. Tonight we are having Hunters Chicken which I haven’t made before and trifle. We still have so many chocolates and biscuits which will keep us going for months I think 🤣

Good luck with school Abby. I feel so sorry for you all having so much disruption and changes, especially over what should be your Christmas break. Our daughters deputy head has emailed today and confirmed that her actual final Y11 Sports Science exam will take place on her first day back on Jan 11th 😳

I hope we all get a holiday this year and look forward to more food reports.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Thanks for a lovely thread Abby, hopefully we’ll see a trip report from you this summer...fingers crossed!
Hope 2021 is a good one for all you lovely Dibbers.
Me too! I can't wait to be able to write a proper trip report. Thank you for joining in as you treated us to some fantastic meals, well Mark really should get some of the thanks!

Take care x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have really enjoyed seeing everyone’s delicious meals and desserts! So very inspiring in this completely unusual time. Thank you Abby for starting the thread and everyone else for all the amazing meal ideas!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Thanks Abby for a great thread and to everyone for posting - it was a nice distraction from everything going on and gave me lots of ideas. Tonight we are having Hunters Chicken which I haven’t made before and trifle. We still have so many chocolates and biscuits which will keep us going for months I think 🤣

Good luck with school Abby. I feel so sorry for you all having so much disruption and changes, especially over what should be your Christmas break. Our daughters deputy head has emailed today and confirmed that her actual final Y11 Sports Science exam will take place on her first day back on Jan 11th 😳

I hope we all get a holiday this year and look forward to more food reports.
I've never made Hunters Chicken, its chicken in a BBQ sauce isn't it? If you remember to take a photo I'd love to see it! This thread has been the perfect distraction for me and a safe haven...

I really hope everything goes well for your daughters exam. We have students sitting the same exam. We are assuming it will go ahead as normal and have not heard any differently from exam boards or the Government. Exams are stressful at the best of times and I really hope your daughter feels confident going into to it.

I'll be back to keeping my fingers crossed for you, her and everyone and eveything else that's on my list.

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I have really enjoyed seeing everyone’s delicious meals and desserts! So very inspiring in this completely unusual time. Thank you Abby for starting the thread and everyone else for all the amazing meal ideas!
Michelle thank you so much for your kind words in your pm. You gave me an opportunity a couple of weeks ago to get a whole lot of stuff off my chest and then you joined in here helping me pretend the real world didn't exist and I'm so very grateful.

Thank you xx

Old 3 Jan 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Michelle thank you so much for your kind words in your pm. You gave me an opportunity a couple of weeks ago to get a whole lot of stuff off my chest and then you joined in here helping me pretend the real world didn't exist and I'm so very grateful.

Thank you xx
Honestly Abby, this thread has been a wonderful distraction from ‘real life’ which just so surreal at the moment. Kindness to each other and ourselves is just so important and we are so very lucky to have our fabulous DIBB family. Thank you and fingers crossed for lots of safe travels this year xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Final meal of the holidays for Sunday lunch and we had Garlic Chicken, broccoli and Dauphinoise Potatoes, thanks to the idea stolen from Vanillapod on how to use up the cream in the fridge.

I suspect that is my last entry to the Christmas Food and Cocktail Report as it's a school night so no cocktails to come. I've really enjoyed seeing all your festive food and it gave me so many ideas. I'm glad lots of you joined in and posted your photos. It was fun to do this all of us together.

Take care everyone and I really hope 2021 brings us all health and happiness, oh and a little bit of Disney sparkle would be rather fab too.

Thank you so much for this thread... it was just what I needed to get me through Christmas when I've been too scared to even leave the house, it's been great to live through other people and pretend other people were around.

One final one from me... I did a bit more baking yesterday! I chopped up a whole chocolate orange into little pieces and used it to make orange chocolate chip cookies... Yum!

Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

I’d just like to echo everyone else and say thank you Goldia for starting this thread and all the other contributors for posting. It has been such a welcome distraction and I’m definitely stealing ideas for next year. I’ve been rubbish at posting myself, usually because our food is demolished before I remember to take pictures! But I appreciate everyone else taking the time and making some fabulous dishes.
Sending hugs and good luck to you all - I love the Dibb family xx
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Another thank you from me! I’m so missing food reports and this has been fun.
Now to deal with my waistline.
Is it just me or is the lack of holiday plans a serious health implication?!
I’d easily get my head in the sugar ditching game if I knew I’d be in a bikini any time soon. Alas, chocolate orange for breakfast it is 😬
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Honestly Abby, this thread has been a wonderful distraction from ‘real life’ which just so surreal at the moment. Kindness to each other and ourselves is just so important and we are so very lucky to have our fabulous DIBB family. Thank you and fingers crossed for lots of safe travels this year xx
We are all lucky to be part of the Dibb family, I totally agree x

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Thank you so much for this thread... it was just what I needed to get me through Christmas when I've been too scared to even leave the house, it's been great to live through other people and pretend other people were around.

One final one from me... I did a bit more baking yesterday! I chopped up a whole chocolate orange into little pieces and used it to make orange chocolate chip cookies... Yum!

We've all had our own reasons for joining in on this thread and staying connected to the outside world is a great one. Oh my thank you for sharing this photo those cookies look delicious what a great idea to make them with a Chocolate orange. I love that! I really wish I had a Chocolate orange here Oh well that's an idea I'll have to save up.

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I’d just like to echo everyone else and say thank you Goldia for starting this thread and all the other contributors for posting. It has been such a welcome distraction and I’m definitely stealing ideas for next year. I’ve been rubbish at posting myself, usually because our food is demolished before I remember to take pictures! But I appreciate everyone else taking the time and making some fabulous dishes.
Sending hugs and good luck to you all - I love the Dibb family xx
It was great to share all our food and see everyone else's I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to see all the meals everyone had and all the treats too. I've got so many ideas for next Christmas too!

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Another thank you from me! I’m so missing food reports and this has been fun.
Now to deal with my waistline.
Is it just me or is the lack of holiday plans a serious health implication?!
I’d easily get my head in the sugar ditching game if I knew I’d be in a bikini any time soon. Alas, chocolate orange for breakfast it is 😬
You've been a great contributor and tempted me into trying lots of food too! So that was fab

I couldn't agree more, having a proper countdown that I felt was reliable and I was confident in would give me loads of motivation. But I've had a fair few biscuits today, my thinking was it's the first day back and it will help me to get through it