Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jan 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

For anyone that's really struggling...

As life is taking its toll on us emotionally and mentally at the moment, I thought I'd resurrect my 'Really struggling' thread again...

If anyone needs to vent, rant or just know they're not alone or need a little advice or comfort from others that feel the same as you,
then please help each other by using this thread... X

Edited at 11:13 AM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I do wake up with a sense of trepidation each morning, but still want to know what is going on so check the news.
Was worries me most is the wording from the PM and co, saying we hope to or we aim to do this that and the other. This woolly kind of talk doesnt help inspire confidence.
I'm lucky I can get my hair done today as we are tier 3 still, I've only had it done three times over the last 12 months, thank goodness for silver shampoo 😁 Then I'm in work Weds to Fri, unless we go into full lock down, so that's a bit of normality which helps.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Can I also repeat this information from a previous post I added to
There is an A-Z of organisational support here for mental health support, substance misuse support, domestic violence/abuse, self-harm and suicide prevention, and relationships support - nhs.uk/conditions/stress...lth-helplines/

A few highlighted below:
samaritans/
rethink/
mind.uk/
nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
nhs.uk/conditions/stress...ty-depression/
mentalhealth.uk/

Specifically, for Children and young people
papyrus-uk/
youngminds.uk/
childline.uk/

also look at your local heath services/CCG’s/GP surgeries and local authorities for what is available locally to you.

Edited at 11:20 AM.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
Can I also repeat this information from a previous post I added to

There is an A-Z of organisational support here for mental health support, substance misuse support, domestic violence/abuse, self-harm and suicide prevention, and relationships support - nhs.uk/conditions/stress...lth-helplines/

A few highlighted below:
samaritans/
rethink/
mind.uk/
nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
nhs.uk/service-search/fi...apies-service/
mentalhealth.uk/

Specifically, for Children and young people
papyrus-uk/
youngminds.uk/
childline.uk/

also look at your local heath services/CCG’s/GP surgeries and local authorities for what is available locally to you.
Thank you Chilli for that information... 👍
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Makes you wonder how the people who work in the organisations to help people cope, not only are they like the rest of us probably struggling with it all but they have to listed to what must be some harrowing stories. I have my wobbles some days then upbeat the next day. I would just like something to look forward to. Can’t see family, or have a hug or go out for a drink or meal, it’s draining. The only thing I have been able to do is attend church but no singing, no communion, no coffee and gossip after the service I miss my friends there.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Makes you wonder how the people who work in the organisations to help people cope, not only are they like the rest of us probably struggling with it all but they have to listed to what must be some harrowing stories. I have my wobbles some days then upbeat the next day. I would just like something to look forward to. Can’t see family, or have a hug or go out for a drink or meal, it’s draining. The only thing I have been able to do is attend church but no singing, no communion, no coffee and gossip after the service I miss my friends there.
I know it's not the same but you have lots of friends on here 🤗
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm not too bad in myself but struggling with my youngest. I've lost all motivation to make him get out of his room and do some thing. He's 12 and In a wheelchair so exercise is hard at the best of times he's got quite cubby over the last 6 months with no swimming ect. I feel really guilty.
I really hope they don't close the schools again.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Thank you MM

You are such a kind caring thoughtful person 🤗
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
I'm not too bad in myself but struggling with my youngest. I've lost all motivation to make him get out of his room and do some thing. He's 12 and In a wheelchair so exercise is hard at the best of times he's got quite cubby over the last 6 months with no swimming ect. I feel really guilty.
Can anyone help fluffychicken with some advice?
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
Firstly, don’t feel guilty! We are all trying to do the best that we can but it’s difficult to motivate ourselves, never mind others!
Next, recognise that 12 year olds do start to move away from family activity and spend more time in their room (there is another thread in general chat about this - something along the lines of “To those of you with teenagers...” and we’re all struggling with this adaptation at the moment!)
In terms of exercise, things like basketball or tennis, might be good depending on mobility. Do you have somewhere locally that you could try these out, or could you try getting a hoop yourself? It could be a bit of family interaction too. Or, are there any support groups near you that might be able to give suggestions?
Finally, I repeat, do not feel guilty. We are living in the middle of strange times and coping as best we can x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List