Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Jan 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Loved seeing all the lovely food in this thread. It’s been a great distraction. Thank you x
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've never made Hunters Chicken, its chicken in a BBQ sauce isn't it? If you remember to take a photo I'd love to see it! This thread has been the perfect distraction for me and a safe haven...

I really hope everything goes well for your daughters exam. We have students sitting the same exam. We are assuming it will go ahead as normal and have not heard any differently from exam boards or the Government. Exams are stressful at the best of times and I really hope your daughter feels confident going into to it.

I'll be back to keeping my fingers crossed for you, her and everyone and eveything else that's on my list.
Here you go - it doesn’t look very attractive but it was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. It was a Pinch of Nom recipe although once I’d added the chunk of focaccia bread it wouldn’t have been as healthy as it should have been 😂

Thanks for the comments about my daughters exam. We had an email this evening confirming a revision session this week in preparation for the exam on Monday although obviously that may all change after tonight’s announcement 😢

Keep in touch and thanks again for the thread x

Diane
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We are all lucky to be part of the Dibb family, I totally agree x

We've all had our own reasons for joining in on this thread and staying connected to the outside world is a great one. Oh my thank you for sharing this photo those cookies look delicious what a great idea to make them with a Chocolate orange. I love that! I really wish I had a Chocolate orange here Oh well that's an idea I'll have to save up.

It was great to share all our food and see everyone else's I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to see all the meals everyone had and all the treats too. I've got so many ideas for next Christmas too!

You've been a great contributor and tempted me into trying lots of food too! So that was fab

I couldn't agree more, having a proper countdown that I felt was reliable and I was confident in would give me loads of motivation. But I've had a fair few biscuits today, my thinking was it's the first day back and it will help me to get through it
I may have had one or two.. the chocolate orange was a joke but the biscuits did happen!
Plus a windfall of unexpected gold was lurking in the fridge

This is me sorted whilst I wait for Boris to deliver the latest exciting news. I have wine too

In all seriousness, I have a zoom with my lovely nutritional therapist and my group tomorrow. If I switch my camera off I can just lie? 😬

If anyone is remotely interested in a healthy thread (nothing artificially low fat and no calorie counting) then perhaps I might start one. It’s likely to be as sketchy as my food reports and I’ll forget regularly but it might be fun 😁

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
Loved seeing all the lovely food in this thread. It’s been a great distraction. Thank you x
It really has for me too so I'm glad other people have enjoyed it

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Here you go - it doesn’t look very attractive but it was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. It was a Pinch of Nom recipe although once I’d added the chunk of focaccia bread it wouldn’t have been as healthy as it should have been 😂

Thanks for the comments about my daughters exam. We had an email this evening confirming a revision session this week in preparation for the exam on Monday although obviously that may all change after tonight’s announcement 😢

Diane
Ooh that does look lovely, you had a good bit of salad with it, so slightly healthy

I was talking to a colleague today about exams in England. They joked maybe the Government will announce they are cancelled in May, the night before the kids sit them. We all know it's a crazy untenably stressful situation for our kids. I wish I could give you a hint but we know as much as you and will find out the same way you do what is going happen. Maybe Boris will announce something tonight but I'm not holding my breath he doesn't seem to like telling us until the last minute...We've had all the announcements about building a test centre and we even took delivery of 2,500 lateral flow tests today. It seems unlikely we will actually need the test centre or get to use the tests. Honestly, I really wish they would make their minds up and stick with plan.

I reckon I'm going to break my no drink on a school night rule and have a G&T as I don't think I can face another Boris announcement otherwise

Take care everyone x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I may have had one or two.. the chocolate orange was a joke but the biscuits did happen!

This is me sorted whilst I wait for Boris to deliver the latest exciting news. I have wine too

In all seriousness, I have a zoom with my lovely nutritional therapist and my group tomorrow. If I switch my camera off I can just lie? 😬

If anyone is remotely interested in a healthy thread (nothing artificially low fat and no calorie counting) then perhaps I might start one. It’s likely to be as sketchy as my food reports and I’ll forget regularly but it might be fun 😁
LOL I was replying to earlier replies and just seen yours about your wine. Snap! Definitely can't face Boris dry. Not that I was even contemplating Dry Janurary, but I do try and stick to not on a school night.

Do start a thread, I'm happy to keep chatting with everyone and I love taking photos of food please post the link here then it'll be easy for people to find, me included!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Abby,

Thank you for starting this thread. While haven’t contributed much, I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s posts
Keira made banana bread today while I was at work. I must take a picture.

I think I will be joining you in a glass of gin tonight as I really can’t cope listening to any announcements without one. We are just waiting to see what the executive in NI will do but will be very surprised if they don’t follow suit

Take care Kelly
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post

I will certainly follow along if you start a healthy eating thread. I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s posts on here and it’s taken me away from the doom and gloom of other parts of the DIBB.
Kx
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Hey everyone, well I’ve poured myself a large Cosmo!
Abby, I hope you’re ok after tonight’s announcement?

The diet isn’t going so well, we had chicken quesadillas for dinner with wedges and nachos and a huge roast yesterday complete with hot chocolate fudge pudding from M&S. I did however fail to take any photos!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry but couldn’t resist 😂
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post

Diane
Just wanted to say DfE say BTEC exams to go ahead as planned this week and next week.

Of course they may change their minds but the current info is the exams will go ahead.

Sorry, but I wanted to let you know tonight.