Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jan 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Questions regarding universal studios

Having not done US since 2002... and the dislike of having to schedule fast passes and ADRs etc at Disney. Next year US is our park of choice

Questions). Is there a booking system like Disney for fast passes or a case of as it used to be queuing. I understand you can pay for fastpasses equivalent but generally what’s the queuing like (September)

Food. Do you have to make reservations in advance

Thanks you
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

You have to buy an express pass for the day if your hotel does not qualify for a free one. There is a choice of unlimited or once per ride. You can walk from ride to ride though without having to choose timeslots.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
You have to buy an express pass for the day if your hotel does not qualify for a free one. There is a choice of unlimited or once per ride. You can walk from ride to ride though without having to choose timeslots.
Much better

What’s the basic queuing like? As bad as Disney
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Much better

No idea sorry, always stay at HRH for express benefit. The express lines are usually 10 mins or less except for Kong which loads slower and can be 25 mins+
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

No booking system for rides but you can do a virtual queue for the Jimmy Fallon ride.
You can buy express passes and I think there are 2 options the first one you just get one
pass for each ride second option is unlimited which are quite expensive.
It can work out cheaper to stay at one of the
3 hotels which include the express passes and if you stay one night you can use the passes for 2 days.

Not sure on making reservations for the restaurants but I did read somewhere if you’re staying at one of the 3 premium hotels you can get in to the restaurants on City Walk a bit quicker but not sure on that.

We went last September and everywhere was quiet due to hurricane Dorian.
By the time we got to Universal for our last 4 nights there were definitely more people around
We probably could have managed without the express passes but they were included in the hotel stay so we used them anyway.
Old 10 Jan 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
In September the queues are not too bad. We do prefer a couple of nights at Universal but often we find we use the Express queue because we have the passes and not because we need them.
You can make reservations for some of the restaurants but we’ve not really found it necessary.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I always stay at a hotel with express pass and so have never done a regular queue. I have been in January, April and May and would not have wanted to be in the regular queues any time, can get very long.

I have only ever booked one restaurant and that was The Palm which is the Hard Rock Hotel fine dining restaurant. Never needed to book anything else and I have never used my hotel reservation to jump a queue (I remain to be convinced that anybody does this).
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Like others we always stay at an express pass hotel to make the most of the benefit and early entry into volcano baby. We’ve never queued for a ride, just walk in on the express pass queue, which you don’t book. If I was going to be staying offsite and visiting universal I would properly buy the passes for a day & get as much done as possible and then on other visits just enjoy what we can.

We’ve never booked at table at a restaurant on city walk, we’ve never eaten in the parks other than some snacks, but most city walk restaurants are fairly large and never had to wait very long at all. The only place we’ve queued for food was Panda Express but that was because we went when the park closed, and by the look of the queue everyone else did too haha.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Much better

When i went in september the passes were such a waste. It was so quiet!
I go in august next year so defo getting them for then ha x
Old 11 Jan 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rach86 View Post
When i went in september the passes were such a waste. It was so quiet!
I go in august next year so defo getting them for then ha x

We are only doing US and possibly SeaWorld. Over 14 days. I also have the disability pass. This is our suck and see holiday... We will be staying near US so we either get on a ride or go another day. Husband says if necessary we can buy the FPs towards the end of the holiday if there's stuff we really can't do that we are desperate to do