Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jan 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I sing a lot, it makes me happy, but my kids complain about it 😂
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Jane, your hubby sounds like my kind of guy because I have sometimes sung to staff in shops and restaurants. If I have been served by a really miserable/unhelpful person I quite often loudly sing the Ken Dodd song “Happiness happiness the greatest gift that I possess.’ Although it rarely makes them smile
I love that song. Ken Dodd had a great voice as well. I love it if I have the house to myself or if just my son is in as we both harmonise 😂😂😂😂. But we don’t care what each other sounds like. We can do a mean ‘For the longest time’ as well.
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I sing in the car and little snippets around the house. I'm not a great singer, in fact I'm awful. I do it mostly in the house to make my daughter laugh/cringe.

When I was working away in Reading (commuting from Edinburgh) I used to go out in the evening for something to do, karaoke nights were always a bit of fun. I got up a few times and murdered a few tracks, nobody knew me so any nervousnous/embarrasement wasn't an issue!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I sing, very loudly, in the car to my 80s music. I don’t tend sing in front of other people though. The tune in my head unfortunately bares no resemblance most of the time when I sing it out loud

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I sing but used to know the words to many songs and now I’ve forgotten them! We all sing at different times but not all together, only in Florida in the car we did a singathon everytime Gotye came on and then another time if it’s meant to be it will be. Me and dd always sing to songs in films
I’m glad singing gives you pleasure MH even tho it doesn’t give anyone else pleasure!
Old 16 Jan 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I sing to the grandchildren, well just the little one now when I see her. She likes me to sing in French (very limited range), my God I miss her.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I am forever singing! It makes me happy. My family not so much! 🤣

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I love singing even though I can't. Its a great stress reliever. When I'm on the back of the motorbike I always have music blarring, so I sing away along the roads. We've stopped at lights before and the people at the bus stop we're all staring with their mouths open, it made my day lol but poor dh was mortified especially as I was swinging my arms about on the back, I bet they thought I was having a fit. 😳
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

The following is another MH true story:

My mum was in the car with her husband (my step dad) who driving around Hanger Lane and my mum chose to sing the wrong song, because loudly she sang "STOP, in the name of love" and her husband slammed the brakes on and a car behind only just missed going into them because the moment he heard the loud "STOP" he didn't wait for next line.

Sadly my stepdad died about 28 years ago aged just 51 or 52 but we occasionally still mention that incident and he did eventually see the funny side of it.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

MH I’m surprised your DW has reminded you that singing isn’t allowed at present during the pandemic
I love to sing much to dd annoyance she thinks I have a good voice but I rarely sing the correct words.