Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

A Russell hobbs electric percolator bought as a wedding present 43 years ago, still works but just broke the lid , need a car boot sale to see if I can find one
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Look on eBay or China search for the lids to the percolator I’ve got my mother’s As a spare rescued or should I say snatched from my sisters hand as she was about to skip it it’s the same navy and gold as mine the wedge wood collection who also sometimes have spare lids or glass ones that fit
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Our Miele dishwasher. On at least once every day and not long had it's 21st birthday.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I like the fact not everyone on here gets rid of stuff for the sake of it.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue
When I started my nurse training we had a box in every ward that unopened parts of a steril pack was put into and it=was sent to a charity that worked in Africa at the end of my working life even that was chucked out and would still have been better than what some charity’s still have to use
We’ve just boxed up loads of the Gdks summer clothes crocs trainers etc to go to a friend in Ghana who runs a home and school for children that be on the street otherwise when she comes home she’d beg borrow or steal even a beat up pot or cutlery never mind school supplies even half used note books
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
badmousewife
Proud to wear my Ears

A Creda tumble dryer bought in 1996. Hope I haven't jinxed it...
badmousewife is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

We bought a second hand chest freezer for the garage from friends 18 years ago and I think they had it at least 5 or 6 years. When we put a new freezer in the garage we gave the chest freezer to our neighbours.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

My Creda tumble dryer is 30 years, still going strong but sounds a bit creaky but keeping my fingers crossed!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

I have a BEL yogurt maker which my mum bought me in 1972 which I still use quite regularly. I did have to replace the little yogurt tubs about 20 years ago.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I inherited a henry hoover from my mum, and she inherited it from her partners mum. I'm 30 and I can remember it since I was little. It stays in the garage and is used for the car mainly. I did upgrade to a shark for the house, as I moved into a 3 storey and the henry is a bit cumbersome.