Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Jun 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Wohoo great start!

Maybe the fried bananas were plantain?

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Day 2

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando

Up early on our first morning in Orlando, we took advantage of our first free breakfast at the hotel.

It was a buffet format, with loads of great sweet and savoury items. The place was packed, so I only managed to snap a few shots at our table I'm afraid.

First up, a plate full of joy (for me anyway!). Unlimited French toast, pancakes, and bacon, smothered in maple syrup.

For the more sensible of the party, a great bowl of blueberry yoghurt with fruit. This was apparently rather tasty.

And... it wouldn't be a Dibb report without one of these...

A rather small waffle. There was a DIY waffle maker in the restaurant, and you could choose your own size. Personally, I'd have gone for the MASSIVE one

Disney Springs

A quick trip to Disney Springs in the morning as Typhoon Lagoon was closed due to a storm (boooooo).

I nipped in to Starbucks and grabbed a S'mores frappucino and a cookie dough cake pop.

The s'mores drink was wonderful. Sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, and cold enough to stop me caring about the humidity outside.

The cake pop was incredible. Very sickly, so for once I was glad for the small portion.

Blaze Pizza

We were heading out to Epcot in the evening for the Illuminations, and I'd forgotten to book somewhere to eat in advance.

No problem! Blaze pizza doesn't require a booking, and your food is cooked and served in just three minutes! It works exactly like Subway. You choose your dough, sauce, and any extra toppings.

I opted for the standard tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, pepperoni, bacon, and fresh garlic. This was one of the nicest pizzas I've ever had.

Some other pizzas below with a variety of toppings and sauces.

The salads here are HUGE. Two thirds of this went to waste sadly, but apparently it was very tasty.

Something that stood out to me was the selection of drink flavours at the DIY refill stations. This drink, although clear, was dark cherry and it was DELICIOUS.

To finish the meal off nicely, some of us had some s'mores. You buy them at the counter as you're paying, and they heat them at the side of the pizza oven for you. Gooey and comforting!

Edited at 04:22 PM.
Pheeeeebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Wohoo great start!

Maybe the fried bananas were plantain?
I think you're right, and that's what we guessed! Not very tasty in this instance!
Pheeeeebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pheeeeebs View Post
I think you're right, and that's what we guessed! Not very tasty in this instance!
Nah, i'm with you on that!

On another note - I had no idea you could get Mickey waffles at breakfast. Have stayed at The RI@P many times but never eaten in the restaurant. Might have to give it a whirl now.

Mmmm Blaze pizza looks gooood.

Do you mind me asking how you got the free breakfasts at the hotel?

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Nah, i'm with you on that!

On another note - I had no idea you could get Mickey waffles at breakfast. Have stayed at The RI@P many times but never eaten in the restaurant. Might have to give it a whirl now.

Mmmm Blaze pizza looks gooood.
You sure can! I'm not certain of the price as we were given two free breakfasts from Virgin Holidays, but I enjoyed it. Not IHOP good, but not bad at all!

Edit - just seen your question. As part of our Virgin Holidays package, we were given two free breakfasts per room, for a max of two people per room, and one free dinner. We had three rooms, and five people, so made some decent savings thanks to that.

Blaze is a must-do in my opinion now. The pizzas are under $10!

Edited at 04:34 PM.
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pheeeeebs View Post
You sure can! I'm not certain of the price as we were given two free breakfasts from Virgin Holidays, but I enjoyed it. Not IHOP good, but not bad at all!

Edit - just seen your question. As part of our Virgin Holidays package, we were given two free breakfasts per room, for a max of two people per room, and one free dinner. We had three rooms, and five people, so made some decent savings thanks to that.

Blaze is a must-do in my opinion now. The pizzas are under $10!
Thank you for answering . Didn't book with Virgin sadly but having put a few minutes research in, it looks like breakfast is about $9 which seems reasonable to give it a try.

Really looking forward to more.

Old 21 Jun 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Thank you for answering . Didn't book with Virgin sadly but having put a few minutes research in, it looks like breakfast is about $9 which seems reasonable to give it a try.

Really looking forward to more.
Yeah, definitely worth $9! Go hungry and make the most of it I say.
Old 21 Jun 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

WOW Blaze pizza looks incredible, so annoyed with myself for not visiting back in April! The queue put us off - does it move quickly?
Old 21 Jun 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
WOW Blaze pizza looks incredible, so annoyed with myself for not visiting back in April! The queue put us off - does it move quickly?
Ah that's a shame! Definitely one for next time

The queue was outside when we arrived and we were ordering within 5 minutes, and sat eating in a further 3!
Old 21 Jun 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Great start. We loved blaze pizza.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List