Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Feb 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouseland
Looking for my Ears

Pool heat in May

We have stayed in villas with pools for all of our holidays in Florida but aren't sure if we will need pool heat for our next visit arriving middle of May.

On our first trip in 2008 we arrived at the end of March staying until mid April and pool heat was needed.

For three subsequent trips arriving mid April we needed pool heat from memory on one or two of these holidays.

The last time we visited was early July for Independence Day, the pool was lovely and warm without needing to heat it

Assuming average weather prevails any advice would be appreciated if we will need pool heat for mid May?

If so is it best to prebook (booked holiday with British Airways) or pay for it when we arrive?

Thanks
Mouseland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I personally would have heating in May.
If you've booked a villa through a third party (BA ) you may well be paying a lot for pool heat
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
miss pots
Excited about Disney

Hi we will be having pool heating in may, as we do like a warm pool and tend to make use of it early morning and later in the evening.
miss pots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
pigletliz
Imagineer

We’ve been in May for our last 3 trips and not had pool heating and it’s been fine. However we tend to use it in the afternoon when it’s had chance to warm up from the sun. I have used it early morning and evening and coped, but if like miss pots you use it regularly when the sun isn’t at its best you may want to consider having heat, especially if there’s children involved.
Old 12 Feb 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We travel in May most years and always have pool heat, just makes it nice to use.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re going in April and I just can’t bring myself to pay the £500 that’s needed for pool heat. I assume pools at hotels aren’t heated, are they? So I’m not sure if I reeeeally need it... I know I should pay it as I don’t want to avoid using it if it’s too cold, but I just hadn’t factored in the extra cash for it!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been in May(ish) the last three years and I'm not sure there is such a thing as average weather - in a word:

2015: searing
2016: lovely
2017: wet
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

We found that if the pool is in the sun most of the day we didn't need it but the first villa we had was shaded and the pool was cold!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
I personally would have heating in May.
If you've booked a villa through a third party (BA ) you may well be paying a lot for pool heat
Rob
BA have quoted me £605, I'm waiting to ask the management company, either before we fly, or when we get the keys.

We didn't have it in April/May 2016, it was really hot weather, but the pool was chilly to get into, fine once in though. Adults, with no children. Kiddies would have been too cold to get in.
Old 14 Feb 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGill
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyGill's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We always have pool heating when we go in May
DisneyGill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List