Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Matching clothes for kids

So I used to hate this as a kid with my sister but for my two daughters I really like it.

I prefer it for photos and it seems to stop arguments over “I wanted to wear that”
But I am finding now that my youngest has a million one one hand me downs and that I now have a choice of suck it up and buy the youngest the same as my eldest when I next go shopping for holiday clothes or dress her in the hand me downs to save a bit of money and risk not liking my photos.

Do/did you dress yours the same? Or use hand me downs.

They go through clothes so fast
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My girls are 8 and 5 and I rarely dress them the same, usually just for xmas or special photos, though I know a couple of people with girls the same ages who do all the time. My younger girl mostly wears hand me downs (new shoes, socks and underwear though unless they're barely worn) With them both being at school now I don't find they need so many clothes as they used to anyway.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

My nephew’s and partner’s 2 little girls have some matching items which they wear if going out as “an occasion” or coming round to see family. Otherwise they wear different clothes. Or they might wear the same top with different leggings etc.

My niece does the same with their 2 little boys although they are 6 and nearly four and like to choose for themselves what to put on !

It’s a good compromise.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Mobile

Never dressed them the same apart from a wedding we went to. There was the occasional hand me down but they are 4 years apart and youngest was always a couple of years behind his age in clothes so didn’t really work for us. Saying that if they had been closer in age then I’m sure youngest ds would have worn hand me downs.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I did it with my boys a couple of times as kids but there is 5 years apart, They both had England kits when England were playing. I think them wearing their own clothes and looking different is much nicer!
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine are only 15 months apart. Problem is my eldest is really tall so just trying to work out what clothes I’ve got.

When we are at home normally they don’t have matching stuff on unless someone’s bought it. In winter they tend to wear long sleeve tops.
But for holidays especially the cruise we got all the same one.

I’m thinking that I might just put shorts under eldest dresses cos they look fine until she bends over.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve got a Son and daughter and my daughter is a real tom boy, both like football, Pokemon and mine craft. Once I bought them the same hoody from the boys section- in the sale. My son (6) refused to wear it.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Mine are 3 years apart and have never worn the same. They are very different builds and colouring so never suited the same either.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As a twin, I hated wearing the same clothes as my sister! Different colours of the same dress was ok. We're individuals and wearing the same just brought more attention to us. Fortunately it didn't happen often

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter's are two years apart. For special photos when they were little they didn't wear matching outfits but ones that were very similar to each other.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List