Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

BA - cancel and take voucher or Pay Balance?

Hi

I was holding out some hope a few weeks ago but i am getting to the point where i cant see things improving enough to go and i am not sure i even want to now.

We were not going to Theme parks as doing a tour of Florida then up to Washington DC and New York

Assuming BA extend this to later months

To cancel your booking simply fill in our online form and we’ll exchange your booking for a voucher you can use for a future trip. Applicable if you are due to travel between now and 31 May 2020.

Paid £300 deposit and £250 Seats.

I would think it would be better to take voucher for this amount rather than pay a balance of £2300 and have £2800 tied up in BA

Then when i can cancel later on i find they will only give me a voucher rather than a refund.

By cancelling earlier it would also give me time to sort out all the other bits and pieces we booked for the trip.

At one point i thought about just paying the balance and waiting for the flight to either go or be cancelled but i think we will get fair warning if they are not going to USA.

Is this a good plan

Edited at 09:00 PM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you have decided not to go, I would suggest not paying out more money and taking the voucher for deposit for a future trip.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ameliaUK
Imagineer

I canceled and took the voucher option ..not sure if that was the right thing to do maybe should have hung on for a refund... nice to know when this is all over we have enough lying for flights .

Jan 2008 Fairfield inn LBV,2009 and 2010 villa at highgate park..October 2014 Florida road trip,October 2016 villa in highgate ...Jan 2018 New York ,Vegas,New orleans
ameliaUK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradz
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Am I right in saying that if you take the voucher and something else happens in the future you WOULD NOT be insured? I’ve seen some posts about moving holidays after the CV.

My personal opinion would be to wait for the refund. I think everyone is different? Plus BA and VA offering vouchers! I bet the new prices reflect their losses and I would be unable to get the flight at the same price?

I travel in July with VA and there is absolutely no way I will be taking a voucher!

Good luck on what option you take!
Bradz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I have taken the voucher, received it within 48 hrs of informing BA I wasn’t going to go in April. I have rebooked for nov, very easy process I had to rebook my new holiday pay with my card then email BA back with my new booking ref and they use the voucher to credit my card back for the value of my new holiday, it’s actually worked out cheaper going in nov so the money left on the voucher I can use towards my next booking which I’m planning for next March
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jumperboy
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We were due to fly last week and had an automatic refund back to my credit card. For our April trip I have taken the voucher and will use against a new booking as don't then need to worry about holding the cash myself. Happy to support BA in these testing times and they are one of the more financially stable carriers so have no issues with them retaining the cash for now.
Jumperboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

May I ask is there a time limit on their voucher? We are due to go in August but considering changing to next summer.
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
May I ask is there a time limit on their voucher? We are due to go in August but considering changing to next summer.
Were wondering the same, due to go end of July for 3 weeks and as DH a teacher we can only go in summer holidays for that length of time. We'd happily just swap to next year if possible.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottish mama View Post
Were wondering the same, due to go end of July for 3 weeks and as DH a teacher we can only go in summer holidays for that length of time. We'd happily just swap to next year if possible.
This is the same for us so interested to hear the answer. Only paid deposit so far but looking unlikely we’ll be going in July.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
This is the same for us so interested to hear the answer. Only paid deposit so far but looking unlikely we’ll be going in July.
No one knows yet as the current offer is for trips up to the end of May...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List