Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Mar 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BigJoeC
VIP Dibber

Anyone booked for August?

Hi all,

We booked through Charter travel and the balance is due in early May.

This covers,

Flights,
Villa,
Car hire,
Ultimate park tickets for 4 persons.

I’m really not sure what I should do, if I cancel I lose the £400 deposit and will have to pay another £400. £100 per person.

My heart says it will be better by August and we will be able to go, but my head says no way is this happening.

Many thanks,

Joe.
BigJoeC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Same situation here!

Booked through charter travel for August.. for everything

Just don’t know what to do for the best 🤷🏻

Sorry not much help but your not alone x
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lesmcguffog
VIP Dibber

lesmcguffog's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Due to go 31 August from Doncaster, TUI, taking niece for her 21st
California; San Fran, Napa, Monteray,
Georgia; Savanah
lesmcguffog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve booked DIY. Flights paid for , deposit in villa paid and DC ultimates paid. Got annual passes for universal as was going to get 3 visit within the 12 months. April is now cancelled and I suspect August will be too. 🥺
mrsjacksparrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

Booked for August through Tui. Only paid a deposit so far and balance due May. I'm pretty certain we're going to postpone to next August. Didn't really want to go in 2021 as worried how busy it will be. Personally I can't see the parks opening for a while and when they do there are likely to be restrictions in place for some time. Holiday is costing a fortune , special trip for hubby's 50th and not prepared to pay out and not get the full experience. Just not sure whether to leave it until 2022?
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CavySlave
Helping Donald

I am planning for the end of August. I’ve booked DIY too. Flights paid for, deposit paid for Disney tickets, hotel and dining.
CavySlave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Booked for Aug 13th.

Hotels and tickets through ATD which I can move to next year.

Worried about Aer Lingus flights though and whether I'll be able to move those to Aug 2021 or get a refund.

Don't want to travel if this is still going on 😟
MinnieEars22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re booked for end of August and have paid in full for flights plus accommodation for the last three days in New York, only have Disney part to pay in June.

The way I see it is we don’t have a decision to make until we pay the Disney element so I’m trying not to pre-empt where we’ll be then. We have actually amended our Disney hotel from yacht club to pofq as this saves quite a lot of money which in the current climate is something sensible for us.

I think if we had only paid a few hundred deposit I would have to think long and hard before paying more. It’s a bit harder when you’ve paid thousands. That’s why I’m pausing any decisions until I absolutely have to.

I flip from day to day as to whether I think we’ll be able to go. I do think though that if Disney is closed but they’re still flying into Florida we might just go to a villa somewhere quiet on the coast. Who knows? Not me? Probably not anyone really ?
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Splatt
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Almost certainly the decision will be taken out of your hands.
If not, it’s personal decision as to still to go or not but important to understand it won’t be back to normal by August - whatever that means - & whether you still want a holiday at a time like that. I’d be trying to negotiate new dates for late 2021.
Splatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

If you cancel you lose the deposit, no ifs or buts. You can't claim on insurance or do a chargeback.

If you pay in full and it is cancelled by the company you will have ABTA/ATOL, EU law, insurance and credit/debit card protection to claim all of the money back.

Of course the holiday could still go ahead, and if you don't want to that would be back to the cancelling option...
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List