Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Will I be reimbursed in full by my TA?

Morning all!

My situation is, we are flying on 8th August for three weeks to Florida to visit Universal and the Seaworld parks as well as a couple of other excursions we have paid for in full.

I know nobody knows what is going to happen by August but if my holiday is cancelled, can I claim the full amount paid for the package back from the TA? I honestly wouldn't mind transferring to the same dates next year but it isn't looking likely that either of us can get those dates off work, unfortunately.

What I don't want to happen is for our flights to be going and our hotel open but the parks are still closed as it is the parks we are going for.

We still have over two weeks until we have to pay the balance but I am not convinced we will be any closer to a resolution then either.

Is anybody else in the same situation and what have/are you planning to do about it?

Thank you
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alohomora View Post
Morning all!

My situation is, we are flying on 8th August for three weeks to Florida to visit Universal and the Seaworld parks as well as a couple of other excursions we have paid for in full.

I know nobody knows what is going to happen by August but if my holiday is cancelled, can I claim the full amount paid for the package back from the TA? I honestly wouldn't mind transferring to the same dates next year but it isn't looking likely that either of us can get those dates off work, unfortunately.

What I don't want to happen is for our flights to be going and our hotel open but the parks are still closed as it is the parks we are going for.

We still have over two weeks until we have to pay the balance but I am not convinced we will be any closer to a resolution then either.

Is anybody else in the same situation and what have/are you planning to do about it?

Thank you
I think there are many people in your situation and it's a choice only you can make. Can you talk with your TA prior to the time the balance is due.

We have choosen to curtail our holiday for this year and move it to next year, but we have booked DIY and have had some great conversations with accomodation and hope to get the same accomodation next year.

My daughter has a Virgin package and hopes to move it to next year. It is difficult for them to know at this time when her holidays will be, she is a hospital doctor and frankly no one is talking about next years leave there are more important issues at the moment.

So they will move it so they dont lose the deposit and try to negotiate the leave or move the holiday again next year.

You have to decide what's best for you but maybe pick a date and move it and hope the leave works out. Employers are going to have to be very flexible about leave next year I think.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes havea look HERE
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Thank you for your replies and help.

I appreciate it.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Hang on until the last possible moment,you should have a clearer idea of the situation by then,but whatever your decision pay by credit card.(more coverage for re- imbursement).
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
Hang on until the last possible moment,you should have a clearer idea of the situation by then,but whatever your decision pay by credit card.(more coverage for re- imbursement).
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we can only pay the balance by bank transfer. The deposit was paid on credit card, which was £1200 so I think we should have the whole lot covered under Section 75.
Old 24 Apr 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I was told yesterday by probably the same company that Disney have said that they won't open the hotels if the parks aren't open so you would be entitled to a refund if parks not open. I think our biggest problem is when is the USA/Florida going to allow tourists back in
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alohomora View Post
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we can only pay the balance by bank transfer. The deposit was paid on credit card, which was £1200 so I think we should have the whole lot covered under Section 75.
I would tell them it's credit card or go whistle...

Right now only a completely stupid travel agent is going to turn down actual money just because you want to pay on plastic.

If they don't accept it then it's could be because they are in danger of going under. When CC companies get wind if a business in trouble they hold onto the funds rather than releasing them in case they end up being on the hook for refunds.

Any company refusing CC payments at the moment is likely to be out of business next month
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Any company refusing CC payments at the moment is likely to be out of business next month
Not necessarily true. Some companies have been stipulating bank transfers for payments since UK government stopped them passing on transaction fees for card payments a couple of years ago. That is their business model under which they can theoretically offer a cheaper product to their customer. Also your money would be safe under ABTA/ATOL registration.
Personally I wouldn’t use such a company as it is too inconvenient
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I would tell them it's credit card or go whistle...

Right now only a completely stupid travel agent is going to turn down actual money just because you want to pay on plastic.

If they don't accept it then it's could be because they are in danger of going under. When CC companies get wind if a business in trouble they hold onto the funds rather than releasing them in case they end up being on the hook for refunds.

They've already paid the deposit on credit card so they won't be any more or less covered whatever way the balance is paid.

This is the best of both worlds really. Customer gets protection and agent doesn't have card fees eating into margins.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List