Notices

View Poll Results: Art Of Animation or Pop Century?
Art Of Animation 35 46.67%
Pop Century 40 53.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jun 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylucy
a Friend of the DIBB

Disney's Art Of Animation or Pop Century resort?

Hi guys,

I've booked to return to Walt Disney World in July 2021 but just wondering which hotel... Art of Animation or Pop Century?

We can't seem to make our mind up. We are a couple with no children so would be staying in a standard rooms at either locations and would be relying on disney transportation.

If anyone could let me know their preference or pros and cons of the resorts that would be great!

Thanks in advance
disneylucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve voted Pop as it has been refurbed recently. For a couple it’s ideal as you would have more space as one bed is a Murphy bed so you can keep it as a table.
The little mermaid rooms in AOA are a bit past their best by all accounts.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Having stayed at both preferred Pop.
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We’ve booked two Preferred rooms at POP. We like the look of the newly renovated rooms and they are bit less Disney if you know what I mean. There are 4 of us 2ad and 2 teens. I think since the refund they also have a coffee maker if that helps?

I like the look of the suites at AOA but not sure about the little mermaid rooms, especially for a couple.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylucy
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We’ve booked two Preferred rooms at POP. We like the look of the newly renovated rooms and they are bit less Disney if you know what I mean. There are 4 of us 2ad and 2 teens. I think since the refund they also have a coffee maker if that helps?

I like the look of the suites at AOA but not sure about the little mermaid rooms, especially for a couple.

Kat
yeah! I have booked pop but have been swaying to AOA, but i'm the same with the suites.. i've seen people saying things like the food court is better at AOA but it is within walking distance.. do you think it is worth the extra money for preferred room?
disneylucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAddicted
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post

Kat
Thought the little mermaid rooms had been refurbished? Heard they’d replaced the double beds for queens too.
DisneyAddicted is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

We stayed at pop and loved it ! We went for a walk around AOA and ate there .we all decided liked pop the best 😁
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyAddicted View Post
Thought the little mermaid rooms had been refurbished? Heard they’d replaced the double beds for queens too.
You may well be right, I’ve not looked into that as if we were to book there I would’ve booked a suite with there being 4 of us. But it was actually cheaper to book two preferred rooms at POP and keep the two sets of gift cards from this year. And I believe the mermaid suites are quite far from the action?

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneylucy View Post
yeah! I have booked pop but have been swaying to AOA, but i'm the same with the suites.. i've seen people saying things like the food court is better at AOA but it is within walking distance.. do you think it is worth the extra money for preferred room?
We’ve booked 11 nights. It was just over £2,000 for a standard room and £2,200 for a preferred. We’ve booked for July, so for us to to be closer and not have to walk so far in the heat was preferable.

I’m assuming because it’s preferred it’ll be closer to the skyliner and AOA food court across the water?

Kat

Edited at 10:38 PM.
Old 30 Jun 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I had this dilemma for May and went for Pop

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List