Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Dec 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile For anyone that's feeling down...

Come on people, let's try and lift the spirits a little, 'alcohol approved' ☺️

Most of us are feeling sad and worried, including me, let's try and think about the good things we have in our lives and not the bad, it might help to keep us going through this awful time...

Think about how lucky you're to have love in your life...
Your children are your world...
You're reasonably healthy...
You live quite comfortably...
You know the holidays will eventually return...
There's a lot of people worse off than you...
Christmas is just one day and there's plenty more to come...
Be grateful for what you have...
Carry on loving and caring...
Never take anything for granted...

Please reach out if you do need help..

Most of all, don't be so hard on yourself and stay positive, we WILL get there in the end 🤗

Happy Christmas and thanks for reading...
Love to you all 😘💕Xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great post Marian, I’m feeling better today. It’s not so bad watching Netflix in my lovely warm home with my kiddies and poppy and dh I suppose! Lots of lovely food and drinks and presents and we are luckier than some, we don’t want for anything apart from freedom and in the next few months hopefully we will all be free again! Merry Christmas everyone xx 🎄🎅🏻
Old 21 Dec 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I'm so sad today. I know I'm comparatively lucky but I was so looking forward to seeing my children and grandchildren. The Christmas trees and bags of presents are like a reproach. It is too late to send presents now as well. To make it worse a scientist on the radio said he thinks this is illogical as the new virus is everywhere and my own sense tells me people staying in their bubbles would spread the virus less than people panicking to get home like we saw Saturday. One thing Boris did get right - this is inhumane.

Edited at 11:41 AM.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I'm so sad today. I know I'm comparatively lucky but I was so looking forward to seeing my children and grandchildren. The Christmas trees and bags of presents are like a reproach. It is too late to send presents now as well. To make it worse a scientist on the radio said he thinks this is illogical as the new virus is everywhere and my own sense tells me people staying in their bubbles would spread the virus less than people panicking to get home like we saw Saturday. One thing Boris did get right - this is inhumane.
Oh Sue I am gutted for you. Over the past 9 months you have missed so much, had so many things cancelled but I haven’t heard yoi moan or complain on one single occasion. You have been so supportive to me and many others and you deserved to have the Christmas you were promised ❤️ Wish I could change it for you xx

Edited at 12:38 PM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I completely understand how you feel as we won’t be able to see our adult son and his fiancée as we had planned. Their presents are here, all wrapped and ready. I’ve bought a ton of food thinking there was going to be 5 of us, now there’s just the 3 of us. I even bought mint sauce for his fiancée as she likes it on all cooked dinners, not just lamb 😂

But, I realise that it’s just because it’s Christmas and that we should be counting our blessings really that we are all well and that we will be able to keep in touch with them even though we can’t meet in person this year. It’s DH’s 60th birthday in June so I think we will plan a Christmas/birthday celebration with family then as it will give us hope and something to look forward to.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So sorry Sue I hope you manage to all get together soon, can you not meet outside just to drop off presents and see each other at least? It’s so awful that we thought we could meet up and then told no we can’t that’s just cruel, soon it will be over and we can really start living again ((((hugs)))) xx ❤️
Old 21 Dec 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
[QUOTE=DisneyDaffodil;14760644]I even bought mint sauce for his fiancée as she likes it on all cooked dinners, not just lamb 😂

So does my daughter 😂😂
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I am feeling down because Jennifer Lawrence has ignored my advances and has instigated a restraining order against me🙁
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I am feeling down because Jennifer Lawrence has ignored my advances and has instigated a restraining order against me🙁
Not blumin surprised, she's probably sick of your wrinkly neck and walking around in your Y fronts
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I really have had a terrible few days. But finally starting to cope again.. just have to see how the next few days go.

But OH liked his birthday presents this morning so that’s good . Shame he’s done a 12hr shift though. I’ve finished the Christmas wrapping today

Merry Christmas all
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List