Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 21 Dec 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Is there a shortage of anything?

As people are now shopping who where eating elsewhere is there enough of everything? I haven’t got a turkey crown or any veg yet or dessert, I’m going tomorrow afternoon because dh has to finish a job in the morning, I’m now thinking I hope I can get food items! Is there loads of stock still ?
Old 21 Dec 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

patience
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lesley1960 View Post
patience
Oh yes!
Old 21 Dec 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH works for Aldi says he’s no frozen turkeys or crowns etc left but plenty of fresh turkey ham beef etc
Veg is going fast but he’s due a delivery very very early tomorrow
You will be fine I’m sure
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sandra

Not much use to tell you of our experience at M&S Food Hall in Binley (Coventry) this morning - you're tier 4 aren't you so you can't go there.

All the shelves fully stocked (including toilet rolls and pasta ) and loads of fresh turkeys and veg. So many fresh unprepared carrots that it took us 10 minutes to walk round them. This around 11am and the outside queues were longer when we came out. We couldn't pre-book a slot other than 11 am this week

Mick
Old 21 Dec 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
As people are now shopping who where eating elsewhere is there enough of everything? I haven’t got a turkey crown or any veg yet or dessert, I’m going tomorrow afternoon because dh has to finish a job in the morning, I’m now thinking I hope I can get food items! Is there loads of stock still ?
Is your son off work now from Asda, otherwise I would’ve said get him to pick up some bits for you
I’m not getting a Turkey I just hope there’s some chickens left tomorrow
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Is your son off work now from Asda, otherwise I would’ve said get him to pick up some bits for you
I’m not getting a Turkey I just hope there’s some chickens left tomorrow
Plenty of chickens and turkey crowns in Asda earlier.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Well no Salmon EnCroute or cauliflower cheese will be coming in my order tonight, but it's probably more store specific than an actual shortage. I too think you should be fine. I'm tempted to go into M&S tomorrow but I doubt I will.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Waitrose lunch time today was running very low on veg and no Xmas pud
Queued to get in for the first time in ages too
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We did a M&S food shop this morning and the shelves were full. We got everything we needed (got a local farm shop delivery tomorrow also). We tried Waitrose to look at their deserts but the queue was round the block so gave it a miss.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List