Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Dec 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Aren’t Turkeys British produced? All the ones I have ever had are. They had huge excess numbers they said a few weeks ago.
Old 22 Dec 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

They had an excess of large turkeys and unfortunately there have been thousands
Culled at the end of November beginning of December due to Avian flu. In several flocks
And UK poultry and bird keepers have to keep them all inside till January no mater is it’s just one hen in the garden or an outdoor avairy pigeons etc till mid January
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

There will probably be loads of large ones left as people will now not need them.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just been to m&s and plenty of everything including turkeys and turkey crowns. Only thing they didn’t have was a cauli. I have a turkey and other bits ordered to collect from Sainsbury’s on Christmas Eve am presuming they put aside enough for the pre-orders otherwise it will be mince and onions for Xmas dinner in my house if none on the shelves.
Old 23 Dec 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

OMG just realised we didn't get parsnips yesterday. Will have to try and brave tesco today - would rather have parsnips than turkey. We went to aldi yesterday, they had large frozen turkeys (not many), but no smaller ones.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Frankly, you'd think supermarkets would want to sell out of turkey round about now, as they'll not be selling too many from Boxing Day onwards.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Was at the St Andrews M&S Food Hall yesterday. Short queue to get in but plenty of turkeys, crowns etc. I wanted a large chicken, and got the last one on the shelf. There was plenty of everything else though.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
14 substitutes on my asda delivery, but I do have a turkey and it's actually a better one that I ordered 🦃🙂. Only thing I don't have but need is squirty cream, one of my pressies is a hotel chocolate velvetiser baileys hot choc will be consumed a plenty over Christmas and I need squirty cream on top, not the double cream it's been substituted with... But I'll use that with desserts especially the massive chocolate cheesecake they have sent instead of chocolate gateaux 😂😂😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just got mine delivered from Costco. Was meant to be 5kg but it is 7-8! Jimmy’s Farm one they must have a lot of large so sent one of those instead.
Old 23 Dec 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Surprised how many people buy a turkey crown!

1. You miss all the great leg meat
2. You miss that great stock/gravy it makes
3. No inclusion of giblets/neck etc
4. No cavity/structure to make a good soup
5. And...You pay more per Kg for the privilege
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List