Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by leckytech View Post
Here now, absolute nightmare of a card. I have been declined multiple times, only worked in chilis and tk maxx. Take it from me I have travelled the world for 30 years this card is bollo**s. Make sure if you have this card you take alternative backups.
Funny old biz are cc's - so far (always advised our cc's) Clarity has been the only card we've had no problems with in circa 5 years - wonder if I've just jinxed us for this winter Altho we hold Clarity apiece, we always take two lots of back ups.

Ebjoy your holiday lecky

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Another view: we are also in Florida now using the card multiple times every day (10+ purchases a day, everything from 2 coffees to gas & shopping etc).
No issues at all using it nor previous trips either.
Thanks Scooby - still hoping our history will carry us thro but I'll ring 'em for a bit yak

Have a smashing holiday Scoob
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

A week in Orlando and a week in Miami 2 weeks ago, first time with the Halifax Clarity card and it worked perfectly. Used it everywhere bar gas stations.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
willssv
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Used my clarity card this year. Declined once in WHSmith in Glasgow airport. Quick call (as we hadn’t used the card for a while) and off to the plane we went. Used the card for everything on holiday and no problems (always getting a great exchange rate)
willssv is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
leckytech
A Guest at All-Stars

Ok I take back my previous comment. Itwould appear it just takes a wee while for Halifax to get the fact you’re actually in Florida. I’m happy to say it’s working fine now. I assume that after a few text messages from them asking if it was me that was trying to use the card and replying yes the system them removes any blocks from the card. I’ve been using predominantly Apple Pay and chip and pin. They don’t like swiping. I have also removed cash from an ATM.

I did have to call them regarding the missus card as even though I had activated mine, her card would not go into apple wallet or I assume work in shops. Simple enough process and the customer service were prompt and efficient

Hope that helps folks

Having a fab time 👍

Ps. Apple Pay is the dogs danglies 😁

Wallmart don’t take Apple Pay but accept chip and pin

Premium outlets all shops so far accept Apple Pay and the missus card is red hot! 😂😂

Edited at 11:50 AM.
leckytech is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It is an algorithm. Probably because its the first time used (?) and used abroad, on swipes- very high risk and any credit card could be blocked. We used ours no problem, but we have been using it for years.

I take both a Halifax and Post Office, so you have always have back up. I also have a standard Amex if worst comes to the worst.
Old 22 Sep 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
GlenWa73
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

I had no problems using mine in Florida, and it was literally the 2nd time of use onward, first time being Asda.
Old 22 Sep 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

Had this card for years, used all over the world, never had a problem. Just back from Florida and used it everywhere, no issues at all. Much better exchange rate.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Always used this card when going abroad. Just back fro Florida & used it everyday for 2 weeks with not one issue... maybe used it a bit too much but best exchange rate so will always use it when away x
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Seems like a pretty hit and miss problem then. I’ve never had an issue using it before but will take a contingency card just in case I think.
LozSteelers is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Just arrived back yesterday first time we’ve used the card, no issues whatsoever used multiple places San Fran Orlando & Miami
Shows on the App within minutes the cost in £’s
And great exchange rate too, will definitely use next time away
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List