Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 29 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

To buy a buggy here or there?

Just after some opinions please?

We head off in just over 5 weeks with my toddler & although we don't use a buggy for him here (he doesn't need it, is a great walker) we know he'll need one over there due to the heat & the miles of walking. As much as he's great walking he does ask to get lifted at times so is definitely a must have.

Anyway, I suggested just picking up a wee lightweight reasonably cheap one before we leave, but hubby thinks we would be better just waiting till we get there & picking one up in Walmart or the likes.

Has anyone bought one there? Any ideas if we're best to buy before we fly (ha!) or just pick one up when we get there?

Thanks
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jenn8400
Very Serious Dibber

Personally I would take my own, its really easy and the airlines are happy to carry them.
I'm not a fan of the chap walmart type ones they don't look very comfortable and back breaking to push!
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

What about hiring a decent make of buggy instead? You can get a mini jogger GT for about £60 for 2 weeks rental. No worries then about taking your own, buying something that may be flimsy or paying out a lot for Disney strollers?
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

We paid $50 for one in walmart - not actually their cheapest one.

It was fine, did the job for 2 weeks and we then left it there.

Other plus of this is it is only a $50 buggy and it really doesnt matter if anything happens to it.

But i'm sure it works fine whichever way you do it.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Will you not need one for the airport incase he’s tired or delays
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

We took one with us, and while we didn’t get it back until bag reclaim, we found having the buggy useful to put our DD in while we dealt with the luggage.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’d look for something second hand and take it with you. The cheaper buggies aren’t great to push with heavy children and tend to have limited or no recline and little shade. You’ll get a better buggy buying second hand and could even sell it on when you get home.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

I would look out for a cheap second hand one, take it with you and leave it there. We did this years ago & worked well, it will also do someone else a turn.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!

Edited at 07:55 PM.
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Scolly
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We got when we over on holiday this year. It’s was from Walmart and only $18. Was perfect for our needs. My 2 kids shared it. Oldest is 6 and a 4 year old.
Scolly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

I recommend the strollers they sell at Disney itself - we bought one in the magic kingdom for my 4 year old as she couldn’t manage all the walking. It was great - lightweight, reclined, had a hood for sun protection and a basket plus cup holder! All for the bargain price of $50.
Best fifty bucks we spent all trip.
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List