Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Mobile Another Revolut card question..

So I have the card & app..
We are travelling to Ibiza in September and Florida in October..
We are in Ibiza for a wedding, we staying all inclusive but unsure if the wedding venue will be all inclusive so unsure of how much money to take..
Can I just add money to my Revolut over there and use it if I need too?
And then if there’s money left on there afterwards can I just exchange that from euros to dollars?
When in Florida, can I just top up via the app as and when is needed?
I don’t plan on taking much cash to either trip if I can top up the app as and when need, is that do-able? Thanks
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Yeah, so long as you have data/wifi.

And have set up being able to top up in the app.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great card. I have 4 or 5 currencies on mine and auto set it to change money when the exchange rate is favourable 👍.
Tiger431 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tiger431 View Post
Great card. I have 4 or 5 currencies on mine and auto set it to change money when the exchange rate is favourable 👍.

Oh how do I do this?
So I can have pounds, euros and dollars on there all at once? How does that work? Xxx
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by jennaba View Post
Oh how do I do this?
So I can have pounds, euros and dollars on there all at once? How does that work? Xxx
Yes, you can have multiple.
Most international card machines ask if you want to pay in the local currency (i.e. euro/dollar) or your home currency (£). Always select the local currency. Revolut will know that you are spending euros and will take the money directly from your euro "pot" of money.

If you fall below 0 in your euro pot and try to spend euros, it will on-the-fly convert any balance in £ you have to euros to make the transaction - you pay the exchange rate but no fees for doing this.

You can move money directly from euro to dollar, too without having to go via £.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

When I used it last year, I didn’t bother changing my £’s into $’s and I won’t change my £’s to €’s when we go to Portugal (all inclusive.) I’ll just let it exchange on the day when I pay for stuff.

The rates are so poor at the moment I don’t see any benefit to changing in advance, and as you say if you’re all inclusive in Ibiza, you don’t really want to exchange money that you might not end up using.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Don’t exchange the money on the card to currency there is no need
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
Don’t exchange the money on the card to currency there is no need
Surely there is a need if you wish to secure the exchange rate at that given time. i.e. buying foreign currency at optimum time. If you don't do this you will only get the exchange rate at the time of purchase?

Am I missing something?
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List